Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Spot Hogg Whammy Update....tips. >

Spot Hogg Whammy Update....tips.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spot Hogg Whammy Update....tips.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Spot Hogg Whammy Update....tips.

Mine was on a Hoyt but I would do the exact same things I did for a BT,which are the same suggestions I gave Muzzy that seem to be working for him.He did change the distance he tied in his cord but from what I have read,that is the only change.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX, you're correct. With my Allegiance, I had no choice but to tie it in a little lower than I was expecting. The cable cross would have jammed up the cord at full draw. Not a big deal at all.

I'm going to shoot the heck out of this setup for a while. My one and only concern with this rest is the bounce back you get when letting down, which I'm leary of for hunting.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not an issue if you are letting down correctly.As we discussed before.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy, if you let the string pull your hand down after let off the arrow 'will' bounce off the launcher arms. You need to keep holding the string and almost creep it down to brace.
I alsoposition my'index finger' below the arrow so 'if' it comes off during let down it would not hit the riser and make any noise, also I can move it back in between the launchers arms as well with my index finger.
Another solution is to stick some moleskin on the shelf and side of the riser, this will dampen the sound in the arrow does come off the rest.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I"m going to work on this and see what solution works best for me. I do let down very easy and get minimal bounce, but I can see in a pressured hunting situation that i'm not going to be thinking about all of that, especially with mr. big in front of me.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I"m going to work on this and see what solution works best for me. I do let down very easy and get minimal bounce, but I can see in a pressured hunting situation that i'm not going to be thinking about all of that, especially with mr. big in front of me.

With mr big in front of you ,I can just about promise you will be letting down so slow that you won't even be able to tell the rest moved.

Been there,don't that.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright, so last night I was at the shop shooting and all of a sudden I started to shoot low. I looked everything over and nothing jumped out at me. I spent the next 20 minutes checking tune and then the problem surfaced. One of the prongs rattled look and was letting the arrow fall. [:@] I tightened it back and all was well. Then I noticed some abnormal shots, more than usual for me. I'm getting fletch contact and I'm not quite sure what the remedy will be. I reset the timing on the rest again and still am getting some contact.

I'll work on it and get the clearance thing fixed.

One note to anyone shooting or thinking of shooting this rest. Make sure EVERYTHING IS VERY TIGHT. Because these "driven" style rest put some much force on the rest itself, you have to make sure everything is super tight or else you run the risk of it coming loose. So far, this is the third adjustment that has come loose on me.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88
I tightened it back and all was well. Then I noticed some abnormal shots, more than usual for me. I'm getting fletch contact and I'm not quite sure what the remedy will be. I reset the timing on the rest again and still am getting some contact.
same issue I had with the Limbdriver on my Alpha- Seemed to work fine on the Admiral, but could not eliminate the contact on the Alpha- On that bow the Trophy Taker works far better. (and my tech gets a little creative with the launcher and a pair of pliers so you've got great containment )
Old 03-05-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy, you also need to check that the launcher arms are not hitting the shelf. Remember to give it about 1/16" clearance between the arms and the shelf, as the launchers will drop even lower during the shot cycle.

Another thing I did was to install an extra screw in the opposite side of thelauncher axle, this way the arms are'each' secured with two screws instead of the one that Whammy ships them with.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ampa,

Yep, I have that clearence. I am going to tighten thecord some to get it to fall a tad quicker and see what I have from there.

Quick Reply: Spot Hogg Whammy Update....tips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.