Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Some tiller tuning questions. >

Some tiller tuning questions.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Some tiller tuning questions.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Some tiller tuning questions.

I'm pretty familiar with the process of Tiller tuning, however, I've never done much other than check tiller in my initial measurements before tuning. Well, after a while here, I'm starting to want to play with adjusting my dynamic tiller a bit because, well, the bow seems to want to drop a bit at full draw. I've had this issue for quite some time, and I think some of it is target panic, but I still want to adjust my tiller a bit to see if it helps. Here's my question.

Each time an adjustment is made (let's say I go to back off the bottom bolt a 1/4 turn), I will need to adjust my nock position with each adjustment. I know I can tie loose nocksets in, but how do I adjust a d-loop up/down a serving? I know my d-loops don't move ANYWHERE once I'm done tying them. Sure I could just clip on to the string below the arrow, but that's not going to give you accurate tiller adjustments, as you aren't pulling from the same spot on the string you will once you tie in the d-loop. So what's the deal? How is this done with a d-loop?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:10 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Some tiller tuning questions.

I have rarely seen tiller tune pay off with parrallel limb bows. Seemed to really make a difference on deflex limbs before we had. I have done it by twisting the D-loop up and down the serving. After I find a sweet spot, if I do find one, I then mark the arrow center and retie my D-loop using serving knots like Greg showed.