Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

CaMirror™

Old 02-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CaMirror™

Ok, makes sense I suppose. If the cams are slaved together (in a binary system), and the module stops hit the cables at the same time, and the cables travel the same distance throughout the cycle (or don't they and this is what I'm missing), why is that not snyched? I see your point about them not being in synch at brace due to the cable angles, but not at full draw.

I do see what you're saying though, and I think this tool is a good quick indicator of cam synch for both brace and full draw (you mentioned on AT that when checked at brace, very little to any adjustment was needed at full draw).
Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 PM

''Ok, makes sense I suppose. If the cams are slaved together (in a binary system), and the module stops hit the cables at the same time, and the cables travel the same distance throughout the cycle (or don't they and this is what I'm missing), why is that not snyched? I see your point about them not being in synch at brace due to the cable angles, but not at full draw.

I do see what you're saying though, and I think this tool is a good quick indicator of cam synch for both brace and full draw (you mentioned on AT that when checked at brace, very little to any adjustment was needed at full draw). "

Onall my Binary cam bows with them hitting the stops at full draw, the cam sync at brace is out by 1/4 inch or more when checked with this tool. Module stop matching at full draw is a function we've been doing since the system came out when in reality at brace the cams are out of true sync. That means that if they areout of sync at brace they are out of sync at full draw also. This is the first tool I've even seen that accurately measures cam synchronization at brace. Up until this point all we could do was landmark the cams with the limbsor the cables and within a small radius and then module stop match at full draw for consistent draw length. Setting cam sync at brace with this tool will get you so close to module stop matching that there will be no more real gains in accuracy, letoff or valley. The only reason you can't have perfect module stop matching also is the different cable angles going to the cam's modules.

Went to the shop today and CaMirror'd a 101st Airborne with the shop owner. We got the cams sync'd perfectly at brace and then he put it in his Hooter Shooter and drew it toall but full draw.. We could see that there was a very slight difference in module stop gaps with the bottom making contact first. Took the bow out and drew the bow by hand and we couldn't feel any initial mod contact, just the draw stop post stopping the cam's rotation on the limb.
There's no reason then to try to get the modules to contact the cables at the same instant by more twisting because you'll justtake the cams out of true synchronization. In actuallity the camswere maybe a twist out on module stop matching at full draw but on that particular bow, the draw stop post on the top cam was starting to make contact with the limb and stop both cam's rotation.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

''Ok, makes sense I suppose. If the cams are slaved together (in a binary system), and the module stops hit the cables at the same time, and the cables travel the same distance throughout the cycle (or don't they and this is what I'm missing), why is that not snyched? I see your point about them not being in synch at brace due to the cable angles, but not at full draw.

I do see what you're saying though, and I think this tool is a good quick indicator of cam synch for both brace and full draw (you mentioned on AT that when checked at brace, very little to any adjustment was needed at full draw). "

Onall my Binary cam bows with them hitting the stops at full draw, the cam sync at brace is out by 1/4 inch or more when checked with this tool. Module stop matching at full draw is a function we've been doing since the system came out when in reality at brace the cams are out of true sync. That means that if they areout of sync at brace they are out of sync at full draw also. This is the first tool I've even seen that accurately measures cam synchronization at brace. Up until this point all we could do was landmark the cams with the limbsor the cables and within a small radius and then module stop match at full draw for consistent draw length. Setting cam sync at brace with this tool will get you so close to module stop matching that there will be no more real gains in accuracy, letoff or valley. The only reason you can't have perfect module stop matching also is the different cable angles going to the cam's modules.

Went to the shop today and CaMirror'd a 101st Airborne with the shop owner. We got the cams sync'd perfectly at brace and then he put it in his Hooter Shooter and drew it toall but full draw.. We could see that there was a very slight difference in module stop gaps with the bottom making contact first. Took the bow out and drew the bow by hand and we couldn't feel any initial mod contact, just the draw stop post stopping the cam's rotation on the limb.
There's no reason then to try to get the modules to contact the cables at the same instant by more twisting because you'll justtake the cams out of true synchronization. In actuallity the camswere maybe a twist out on module stop matching at full draw but on that particular bow, the draw stop post on the top cam was starting to make contact with the limb and stop both cam's rotation.

Ok, I think it's starting to make sense. So technically if you adjust the cams to hit the cables at the same time at full draw, but they're not at synch at brace, as they rotate back through during firing, they HAVE to be out of synch because once they reach brace, they're at different "locations in rotation" essentially, right? This has to do with the angles of the cables, but it doesn't have anything to do with varying cable lengths, right?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:28 AM

Correct. The minute you start twisting cables to hit the stops at the same time at full draw is when the cables are not the same length. With the cams sync'd at brace with the tool, the cables are identical in length.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM

Here's the third generation CaMirror and probably the way it will ship. It's fully adjustable now for smaller cams, should they ever make them

Old 03-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Russ I hope I'm on the list of orders for your tuning tool.
Please say when you're ready to ship.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 AM

Ok, I've got all the details worked out now so shoot me a PM (I'll go clean out my inbox now)

Old 03-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Russ email sent.
Keith.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good but what if the holes are off , I don't think the cams are mirror images of each other even if they are supposed to be by design
Old 03-24-2009, 08:28 AM

I've measured them and a thousand'th or two won't make any difference, they are essentially the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.