Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Pick a bow....any bow...thing is.. >

Pick a bow....any bow...thing is..

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pick a bow....any bow...thing is..

Old 02-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pick a a bow....any bow...thing is..

Well I just upgraded this year after just under 4 years with my PSE Venom which was my first bow. I shot trad. archery for a year before and just couldn't get it down due to time restraints and lack of time to practice with it during hunting season so I moved to a compound. I just moved up to a Bowtech Admiral this year. Once I shot it I knew I had to upgrade. I think I will be keeping this bow at least until I get out of college and into a job and make some money to be able to afford a new bow. I also will be the new owner of an 07 PSE Mojo once it arrives but that will be strictly for target shooting which I decided to make the plunge into a few weeks ago after contemplating it for some time. I think these two bow will serve their purpose for at least 5 years maybe more.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ozbowhunter15

i will be keeping my bow until something happens to it that warranty won't pay for. If i had to pick a bow i would probably get the x force dream season.
Good choice , i have nothing but good things to say about the X-Force Dream seasonand will be holding on to mine for a number of years to come (I've owned it 12months and have had no issues at all ) . I've always fancied trying a Hoyt myself , probably a Vectrix or Alpha-max 35 , only because i think they are the best looking Bows on the market and have not heard any bad reviews on either . But as long as my PSE keeps going , i'm more than happy to stick with it .
Old 02-22-2009, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I decided to do this very same thing Jeff. Honestly, I have no reason to buy a new one at this point. I really like my Allegiance and it shoots exceptionally well for me. The thing is, I really think you get to know your bow a lot more and can get more proficient with it the longer you own and shoot one bow.

With the economy the way it is and with other financial interests for me....I'll stick with one for a while. Maybe these bow companies will have to learn the hard way to start fixing their prices.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

2009 bows? I'd have to shoot them all. My list to try would be...

1. Alphamax 35
2. Bowtech Sentinel
3. Elite XL
4. Drenalin LD
5. Bowmadness XL

I really can't afford one right now. I guess my Champion Frankenstein will have to do, especially since I investigated my little "tick" when drawing my Bowtech Pro 38 Dual Cam, and discovered a little "H" splinter, right in the middle of the flex area. [:'(]
Old 02-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't shoot any more, but if I could and decided I needed to update from my '02 ProTec LXPRo, I'd go to the Martin Scepter with the X rigging.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Don't know yet, I haven't shot the Sentinal. Looking to buy a Captain or a Sentinal this year just need to shoot them. It doesn't matter. I'm going to want whatever they come out with next year.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

welp I did it- I went last night and got the the bow that was head to head with the GT-500 when I originally went shopping. It had been nagging my subconscious for many weeks.

After spending some more quality time with it , I'm 100% confident I made the right choice in my quest for that "one thing". Curly would be proud!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:11 AM

I guess I'd have to go with my 05 old glory because I haven't shot anything else since I bought it Theres nothing wrong with my bow it shoots a lot better than I can and I just don't see any reason to tempt myself. I am really wanting totry anew arrow rest though.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

welp I did it- I went last night and got the the bow that was head to head with the GT-500 when I originally went shopping. It had been nagging my subconscious for many weeks.
AM35? Just guessing.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag
AM35? Just guessing.

Thats a fine guess

Quick Reply: Pick a bow....any bow...thing is..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.