HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Center shot on '08 Allegiance? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/286868-center-shot-08-allegiance.html)

Cougar Mag 02-18-2009 03:55 PM

Center shot on '08 Allegiance?

haven't ordered a lazer center shot tool yet, sooooooo anyone know what a good starting point would be on center shot?

TFOX 02-18-2009 05:28 PM

RE: Center shot on '08 Allegiance?

I don't know where the BT's like to center at but I always START at 13/16 from the riser and I will never use a lazer for center shot,atleast not one that mounts to the riser.;)

MeanV2 02-18-2009 07:46 PM

Greg, 13/16" will get you going and ready to walk back tune. I don't believe I've ever had to vary off of that over 1/16" on any of my Allegiances. I usually just eyball everything up intially, check with my laser tool, and walk back tune.;)

Dan

muzzyman88 02-19-2009 05:26 AM

yep, everyone's right. Mine is pretty close to that mark as well. I've always set rests up to be centered on that curved trough in the middle of the shelf. It seems pretty close there to start. Of course arrow spine has a lot to do with it too. ;)

MeanV2 02-19-2009 05:35 AM

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

yep, everyone's right. Mine is pretty close to that mark as well. I've always set rests up to be centered on that curved trough in the middle of the shelf. It seems pretty close there to start. Of course arrow spine has a lot to do with it too. ;)

Exactly!!

Dan

Greg / MO 02-19-2009 11:28 AM

Todd's right about the 13/16...and you can usea riser-mountedlaser with complete confidence on your BowTech because they make the riser straight. [8D]

TFOX 02-19-2009 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Todd's right about the 13/16... and you can use a riser-mounted laser with complete confidence on your BowTech because they make the riser straight. [8D]

But is it square.:D And is it square at full draw.;) Ok,I quit,no need in starting this debate again.:)

bigcountry 02-19-2009 02:20 PM

I always set centershot with the center. Put an arrow on the rest and look at its tip in reference with the cams.

When you tune it, your going to move it anyway.

Cougar Mag 02-19-2009 04:56 PM

I always set centershot with the center. Put an arrow on the rest and look at its tip in reference with the cams.
I always did that as well, but was looking for a shortcut;).

ampahunter 02-20-2009 06:08 AM

If a Eze Center chot tool isn't available, another easy thing to do is to center your arrow in the center of your 'stabilizer'. This is just a starting point.
When the paper tuning begins, 9 out of ten times your rest position will move off of center shot a tad.