Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Xtec

Old 02-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hoyt Xtec

Well I just bought a new bow and here I go again. I am looking for a good target bow and have found a hoyt xtec for a good deal. Just wondering if anyone has shot around with one of these and how they like the bow. Also looking for ideas on other good compound target bows.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt Xtec

I love my xtec for hunting and maybe playing around in 3-d in the hunter class but it would not be my first pick for a pure "target" bow.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

How about a Mathews apex 7.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Apex 7 is a target bow,especially for 3-d.

If you are looking for a spot bow,you may want to be closer to 8" brace and 40" a-a,especially if it is spot specific.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Alright how about a hoyt vantage pro. Found one for 550 used. Is that a good good bow and good deal?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Vantage Pro is an awesome target bow and that is a good price.

My last post was supposed to say the apex 7 is a good target bow.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Alright well the apex 7 is an 07 for 425 bare bow. The vantage pro is an 09 but used and has light scratches on the limbs in the center and is 550. If they are both good bows what would you go with. The apex 7 would be a better 3D bow probably especially on some more realistic courses where I may have to stand at a weird angle to get a good shot and it is cheaper. But it's a Mathew's. I also found a hoyt Pro elite with xt 3000 limbs for 425.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the vantage pro has 2000 limbs,it would be an awesome 3-d bow as well.I shot with a guy this weekend shooting that same bow for 3-d.Especially if you have a draw length of 28" or more.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

yeah has the xt 2000 limbs on it. my only concern is the scratches on the limbs the guy doesn't have a really good pic of the limbs to show the scratches or they must be very small and insignificant. Bow has new winner's choice strings as well. Not sure if those are good strings or not.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think id go with the vantagepro. They are only offered with 2000 limbs on them... The guy TFOX mentioned is shooting his vp at 28 or 28.5 and is getting 286 out of his i believe. Good speeds, adn they hold just as well as a pro elite. I asked a similar ? on AT. most of the people said they would get thevp over thevejust b/c the price difference. One guy had both, and said the ve doesnt hardly shoot any better at 40yds...

I plan on getting a vp next year unless i find a newer proelite or vantage x8 (same as the pro, w cam 1.5+ instead of spirals)

Derek

Quick Reply: Hoyt Xtec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.