Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech's Timing Marks >

Bowtech's Timing Marks

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech's Timing Marks

Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech's Timing Marks

N2D, it's really not difficult at all to get the bow setup and synched properly. Just make absolutely certain that once your new strings and cables are broke in, you are getting the correct draw length and your bow is able to reach max weight before timing it. Mine didn't after string break in and, long story short, I ended up just pulling the string and cables off and twisting them to length under tension. This got it very close and gave me a good place to start tuning.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Hey leave me out of this.
ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: JeffB
What I'm finding is with these binary systems is they are far less sensitive in out of synch conditions compared to a hybrid slave/CPS type system. Binaries lose some performance for sure, but they don't get all weird and sensitive to creep/tension in/at the wall/valley like a slave/CPS.
That is beautiful thing about them Jeff. I like to get my rigs down to a hair, but the average Bowhunter is still inpretty good shape when things are a little out

Dan
If you are talking about the Average remark? I would Never call you Average Tony!

Dan
Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 AM

Can someone explain how twisting or untwisting the cable will affect the top or bottom cam.
For example, twisting the ____ cable will result in the top cam being rotated a little more in ____ direction.
A good explanation would be much better than trial & error.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:53 AM
N2D

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

N2D, it's really not difficult at all to get the bow setup and synched properly. Just make absolutely certain that once your new strings and cables are broke in, you are getting the correct draw length and your bow is able to reach max weight before timing it. Mine didn't after string break in and, long story short, I ended up just pulling the string and cables off and twisting them to length under tension. This got it very close and gave me a good place to start tuning.
So does this mean that it is possible to have the correct Brace and AtoA but not be able to reach max poundage or have the proper DL?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: N2D

So does this mean that it is possible to have the correct Brace and AtoA but not be able to reach max poundage or have the proper DL?
N2D, yes, you can have your specs correct, but the draw weight and DL be off. This was exactly what happened to me when I replaced mine. It is far more important to be able to hit maximum draw weight and the correct draw length than to have your ATA and BH exactly to spec. Bowtech, and most manufacturers have a + -of 1/4" on specs. So, if you have a bow that lists with specs of 34" ATA and 7" BH. It is within spec if its 33 3/4" and 6 3/4", or a quarter inch longer than list spec.

Once I twisted my cables to length under 100lbs of tension and put them on the bow, my ATA and BH were within 1/8" and I got 70.4lbs on my scale. Draw length was about 1/8" long by my measurements, but felt almost perfect. I left it at that and tuned it from there.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:32 PM
N2D

Okay thanks MM. Looks like I have lots to learn but I will get er done. I've been printing off all this info for reference.

Ed
Old 02-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: N2D

Okay thanks MM. Looks like I have lots to learn but I will get er done. I've been printing off all this info for reference.

Ed
Ed,
Don't sweat it. It's not as hard as it sounds

Dan
Old 02-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Bartender

LOL I know I am way out there in left field.

What I'm finding is with these binary systems is they are far less sensitive in out of synch conditions compared to a hybrid slave/CPS type system. Binaries lose some performance for sure, but they don't get all weird and sensitive to creep/tension in/at the wall/valley like a slave/CPS.
That is beautiful thing about them Jeff. I like to get my rigs down to a hair, but the average Bowhunter is still inpretty good shape when things are a little out

Dan
If you are talking about the Average remark? I would Never call you Average Tony!

Dan
Old 02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL I know I am way out there in left field.

Dan

Dan
Only when you are Killin' Brats!!

Dan
Old 02-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, setting these bows up really is easy once you understand them. Just take your time and study the cams, how the cables are routed and how the string is routed. Then imagine what would happen if one of the cables was twisted up some, shortening it. You'll start to visualize what that change will do to the cam rotation.

Don't make it harder than it really is!

Quick Reply: Bowtech's Timing Marks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.