Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alphamax, Reezen, I don't get the issues! >

Alphamax, Reezen, I don't get the issues!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alphamax, Reezen, I don't get the issues!

Old 02-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alphamax, Reezen, I don't get the issues!

I was at the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show at Harrisburg today. I had plenty of time, so I decided to try some bows at the "Try before you buy" trailer. I want to thank Lancaster Archery for having that set up. I shot the Reezen 6.5 first. It had no stabilizer on it, just a sight and a new Whisker Biscuit rest. It also had those new dampers, whatever they are called. I thought the bow drew pretty smoothly. According to the Mathews guy there, it was set at 62#. I could not feel any hump, but the bow was a shorter draw length than I usually shoot (29.5). At the shot, no vibration, quiet. Sat there in my hand real nicely. Don't know what all the fuss was about. I wasn't paying close attention to the arrows. They seemed pretty heavy, as the bow did not seem that fast for what it is. I also shot the Hyperlite, which was also quiet, but seemed to drop down at the shot, which the Reezen did not. The Reezen did roll forward at the shot. Some guys like that. At that time, Hoyt did not have anyone at the shooting area. I found where the Hoyt booth was, but all of their bows had zip ties on them. I was feeling a bit anti-Hoyt at that time, but when I went back later, a red-shirted Hoyt guy was there, and I shot the AM 35. This bow was set up with a Whammy rest and fuse stabilizer, and sight. To me, it was the same deal. Smooth draw(too short), quiet, minimal noise, vibe free. I thought it was very similar to the Reezen. I left feeling better about Hoyt when they gave me a free hat. The thing was that even though my bows are a few years old, I did not feel that either of these bows was that big of a difference over what I am shooting. Certainly not enough of a difference to be worth what it would cost to buy one of them. For shooting 3D or hunting, a bow's a bow to me. If it fits and my head is working properly, the bow will do its job.

On another note, I did get to see Lee and Tiffany. I did not get in the long line for an autograph, but saw them pretty close. I would have to agree she is pretty cute, in an oh so much younger than me kind of way.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alphamax, Reezen, I don't get the issues!

Sounds like a good thing on all accountsto me

Derek