HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Admiral rest issues ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/286104-admiral-rest-issues.html)

dave37 02-11-2009 04:16 PM

Admiral rest issues ?

been keepin a close eye on the rest issues different people are having with the drop-aways as far as thier cables go. some say it throws your cams off a bit blah blah. you guys that are havin the issues , are you just being extremely anal retentive or is this something to worry me .

IM either switching my current QAD ultra rest over or going with the NAP quicktune flipper or the octane hostage ????

Any input would be greatl, greatly appreciated , i havent even started to set it up yet caus im in the air on this ?

Thanks in advance

JeffB 02-11-2009 07:22 PM

RE: Admiral rest issues ?

Limb Driver.

Set up itime was minimal and arrow flight was amazing from the first arrow. Easiest no muss-no fuss drop-away set up I've ever done. No timing the rest/drawing/re-drawing. threading cables through cables, blah blah.

I was a skeptic- I'll be more careful trapesing through the woods with the longer cord , but the rest works beautifully.

EDIT- I have a QAD HD on my GT500- arrow flight is perfect as well. I don't trust the internal mechanism but so far so good. It was far more time consuming/annoying to set up to get the timing/cord length/tension perfect. The full capture is nice though. I just don't trust the rest's mechanism (I had issues with an original one as well) so I don't see myself buying another- I'd buy a Limbdriver to replace it or for another bow.

MeanV2 02-11-2009 07:52 PM

Limb Driver is undoubtedly the easiest to setup, most consistent dropaway out there right now.

As far as the other 2 rests you mentioned the Octane is a good choice. I just put one on my Iceman.

My other bows have Limb Drivers! Although there is a new rest I hope to be testing soon.;)

Dan

yajsab 02-11-2009 08:36 PM

No problem with the Limb Driver either.

muzzyman88 02-12-2009 04:44 AM

dave37, the issue with cam timing with standard drop aways (ones the pull the prongs up via the down cable) is real. However, it will not affect the bow so much that it's unshootable or won't perform. It affects letoff, that, you can clearly see with a scale and draw board.

The Limb Driver is the go to rest because its extremely simple to setup and does not impose on the draw cycle of the cams. Same with the Whammy and the new Tripwire.

dave37 02-12-2009 07:51 AM

well thats helpful to know !i might go the lazy way here though and go with the octane hostage. not only because its the most no fuss , but construction contracts are getting harder to find these days so every pennys gonna count.[&o] i think im gonna go with the minimalist approach to this admiral rather than the more advance setup. 09 is gonna be nice and laid back approach for me and the simpler the better !

Thanks a ton boys.... It shouldnt be long at all before im pickin your brains again