Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Doing some upgrades... >

Doing some upgrades...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Doing some upgrades...

Old 02-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Doing some upgrades...

Im stripping my bow down this year. Its been the same way for the last 2 years, and im ready for a change. Im looking to get a new string, sight, rest and stabilizer. The only thing im going to keep on it is the MeanV string suppressor. My bow is a 2006 Hoyt Lazertec, maxed out to 60 LBS and a 29 inch draw length (if i remember correctly). I shoot Easton Epic arrows.

What im looking at:

String: Getting rid of my 2 year old Vapor Trail andgetting a Gibblet/Bucknasty string. I hear alot of good stuff about them.

Sight: I will be selling my Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix 5 pin and i think purchasing a G5. Any info here would be appreciated.

Rest: I don't like my NAP drop away at all, and i dont have anything chosen as far as the replacement right now. Ive been looking at the spot hog though. This is where i need some help.

Stabilizer: I have a little limbsavor on their now but looking at the 6" Fuse.

Any help or info you guys can dish out would be appreciated!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Doing some upgrades...

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Im stripping my bow down this year. Its been the same way for the last 2 years, and im ready for a change. Im looking to get a new string, sight, rest and stabilizer. The only thing im going to keep on it is the MeanV string suppressor. My bow is a 2006 Hoyt Lazertec, maxed out to 60 LBS and a 29 inch draw length (if i remember correctly). I shoot Easton Epic arrows.

What im looking at:

String: Getting rid of my 2 year old Vapor Trail andgetting a Gibblet/Bucknasty string. I hear alot of good stuff about them.

Sight: I will be selling my Trophy Ridge Micro Matrix 5 pin and i think purchasing a G5. Any info here would be appreciated.

Rest: I don't like my NAP drop away at all, and i dont have anything chosen as far as the replacement right now. Ive been looking at the spot hog though. This is where i need some help.

Stabilizer: I have a little limbsavor on their now but looking at the 6" Fuse.

Any help or info you guys can dish out would be appreciated!
Caleb, i dont think you'll a rest better than the limbdriver. So easy to set up a blind man could do it and it works flawlessly every time. But if i couldn't shoot the LD i would use the whammy, but the LD is my first choice.JMO
Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ill have to check it out. I think i saw it when it first came out and i didn't like it, but ill give it a look.

Anybody else have any words of wisdom?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the QAD HD Ultra rest. A guy (Scottie/PA) on AT sells them for $90 shipped. For the stab I like the Fuse and for a sight I just picked up the Sword Twilight Hunter from Scottie as well. Seems like a great sight for the money.

As for stings you will not find anything better the John (BuckNasty). I have purchased 15 sets for all my bows, family and some of my friends. He is a stand up guy with great quality and prices.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bucknasty and Gibblet are the same correct? And the QAD is high on my list of rests.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
bigcountry

I have jumped to stealth stabilizers. REally like em. I love the QAD for a hunting rest. Does its job well.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Ill have to check it out. I think i saw it when it first came out and i didn't like it, but ill give it a look.

Anybody else have any words of wisdom?
I absolutely LOVE my Limbdriver.....I would definitely give it a look.....
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

Agree with the Limbdriver. I would not go with the G5 personally. For a stab I like the b-stinger. Its a true stabilizer that will help you hold steady
Old 02-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, the Limbsaver Modular Stabilizer that I have is a great stabilizer also...I would definitely give them a look too....
Old 02-13-2009, 06:44 AM

Rest - I would go with Limb Driver or Whammy. I have a whammy and have no regrets, but where I hunt is super thick and I didn't want the long Limb Driver string.

Sight - I have friends w/ G5 sights and they aren't too happy for what they paid. I have a Spot Hogg Wrapped Real Deal and love it. Great sight. Buddy just got one and loves his too.

It's all in what you like and have confidence in, like anything.

Quick Reply: Doing some upgrades...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.