HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Limbdriver (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/285441-limbdriver.html)

JeffB 02-05-2009 10:02 AM

Limbdriver

Got my Limbdriver and installed it today. Super solid/simplly designed and talk about easy to setup (good vid on the VT website). No having to split a bow-cable and draw and re-draw a bazillion times to get the rest timing correct, then try to serve in the tie cord without messing up the timing, etc etc. Not only that, fresh out of the package the spring tension was pretty much perfect as was the centershot- I only had to do a very minor adjustment on launcher height.

In addition, despite the fact that I had tried to get the tension as light as possible on the buss cable with the Cobra dropaway I was using, it must have been having some tension effect as it approached full draw. The Admiral feels noticably easier to draw at the back end now with the Limbdriver. Binaries seem very sensitive to this. My GT-500 is the same way.

So thanx to Dan (MeanV) for getting the rest out to me so quickly, but I do have a few questions to those who use/are familiar with it.

1) Not 100% positive, but it sure seems like the cable/rope is going to cause a little noise/vibe at the shot-anyone have noise issues? I was thinking a Bowtech squid or Jax silencer would prolly work- anyone tried this?

2) Vaportrail reccos just leaving a tag end of about 2" of cable/rope after it passes through the arm attachment set screw (for fine tuning as the cable stretches in). Has anyone actually ran the rope up the other side and served/tied it in? Seems like that would be much less worrisome (I don't trust small set screws on materials with "give")

3) Anyone put a jam nut on the back side of the screw for the split limb attachment? neccessary?

Tomorrow night I hopefully can get up to the range and give her a go!

brucelanthier 02-05-2009 10:39 AM

RE: Limbdriver

Limbdriver is a very nice rest. I have it on the two bows I am currently shooting and will have it on the bow I am currently setting up.

1. If the cable/rope makes noise I haven't noticed it.

2. I run the rope up the other side and serve/tie it in.

3. Not sure what a jam nut is so I guess I haven't found it to be necessary LOL :D.

drockw 02-05-2009 10:44 AM

I wrap the extra 2-4" of cord around my tecriser bar on my hoyt. On my other ones i had setup i just tied it back around the cord and it worked fine. When tuning, ive actually just tied the cord around the arm to get it to activate just enuff to shoot and adjust, and it still works well. As far as the sound the cord makes... Ive never heard it and ive had them setup on 3 different bows. The set screw holding in the cable has never gave me a fit... but the allens on the underside have[:o] So... make sure you check all the little allens that are on the axle, b/c if the one gets loose, it will cause the launcher to over pivot.

Other than that one little incident ive never had a problem out of any of mine.

Derek

JeffB 02-05-2009 11:00 AM

Thanks fellas- will have to see whether noise is an issue or not once I shoot it, and I doublechecked all the screws!

"jam nut' is Virginia-ese for a "nut that jams up the other side there so nuttin will move on yas!"

i.e. that's stupid for "a nut"

muzzyman88 02-05-2009 12:15 PM

Jeff, I had two different rests that have a small set screw to hold the cable in place and never, in 3 years had it slip or cause an issue. My new Whammy uses this configuration and I actually prefer it for ease of tweaking.

You could always just melt the pull rop down to a ball tight against the rest. If its going to stretch...its going to get longer anyway.

txjourneyman 02-05-2009 12:39 PM

No noise issue for me. The extra cord I just cut off and melted a ball onto the end. My bow is solid limb so no jam nut. I love this rest.

SeraphHHC 02-05-2009 01:19 PM

let me know what u think of the LD on ur admiral. i am either going to get a LD or whammy for my admiral. i cant make up my mind

TFOX 02-05-2009 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Jeff, I had two different rests that have a small set screw to hold the cable in place and never, in 3 years had it slip or cause an issue. My new Whammy uses this configuration and I actually prefer it for ease of tweaking.

You could always just melt the pull rop down to a ball tight against the rest. If its going to stretch...its going to get longer anyway.
Pretty much what I was thinking.

SwampCollie 02-05-2009 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Thanks fellas- will have to see whether noise is an issue or not once I shoot it, and I doublechecked all the screws!

"jam nut' is Virginia-ese for a "nut that jams up the other side there so nuttin will move on yas!"

i.e. that's stupid for "a nut"
Anybody who says 'yas' in the state of VA is definately not from here. And having been born and raised here, I've never heard the term 'jam nut' either.

Additionally, most of the stupid people we have here are from the north... the 'Virginia-ese' [sic] term for them is 'come-here's', but damn yankees is still often used.

As to the limb driver.... certainly is an easy set up.... as I've said before, it could be done by an orangatan while blindfolded and drunk. I just wish it was fully contained... but I might stick one on my incoming target bow as I think it would be a nice rest to have.

Jeff one thing to add.... I think that serving the tag end up and aroundto the main line is a fine idea, but make sure that you identify the shortest route to it. Things aren't going to fall up naturally, and while you'll still have the set to hold the cord taught, if it does ever back itself out youdon't want to have a long loop created by your tag end that could say wrap over the end of the bar or in any way change the timing of your drop.

MeanV2 02-05-2009 04:41 PM

Jeff, I put string Jax on mine because it only takes a second. I doubt there is much noise there, but that should take care of any there is.

The Limb Driver is the simplest Dropaway I've setup, and day in day out out performs all others.

You mean serve it in like this?;)

I also put very little pressure on the cord from the set screw. I just slightly snug.

Dan