Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Well the Admiral has Finally Arrived >

Well the Admiral has Finally Arrived

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Well the Admiral has Finally Arrived

Old 02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Well the Admiral has Finally Arrived

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Congrats on the Bowtech.

Draw length is the single most important thing to get right on a bow, but for some reason, the most overlooked and abused spec. I can't even begin to tell you how many guys at my local shop are too long, some grossly too long. I can't wait to see some of these "long draw" archers start shooting these new super short brace height bows coming out.
Yeah that would be fun. I shot the hyperlite by mathews and the DL was a little long well guess what happened. Forearm was all purple/red/blue and then to yellow/green after about 3 weeks. Nasty bruise lasted a good 4-5 weeks. The hyperlite isn't really a speed bow and it doesn't have a really short BH but it sure put a slapping on me.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:32 AM

i too just started settin up my admiral. it came at 29" so i went to 30" right away as thats what my tomkat was at and it feels HORRIBLE.how do you get an exact on measurement on your drawlength ?As prevously stated boy when you get to the top of the draw on this thing its intense ! mines at 71# thats def. gonna be turned down a bit till the times right. Also even as "steep" as it is once i ggot iinto the overdraw or valley or whatever the tech term is its very very comfortable, more so even than my tomkat.

i have a feeling i may be one of the squids thats got too long of DL !
Old 02-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best way to get an idea of your Draw length is to have your wing span measured Middle finger tip to middle finger tip with arms held out, measuring across your back,and divide by 2.5

That will get you very close, better to err toward the short side especially for hunting situations.

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah mine wingspan was measure and it was around 28.5-29 in. we went down to 28 even with the admiral. If you get it close to where you want it you can do some minor adjustments with the draw stop to get an almost exact fit to your liking. I do love the valley on the admiral I can stand there and hold the bow drawn back for quite a while. Boy though that thing wants to go when you try and let out of it slowly.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LeftyBuckmaster

Yeah mine wingspan was measure and it was around 28.5-29 in. we went down to 28 even with the admiral. If you get it close to where you want it you can do some minor adjustments with the draw stop to get an almost exact fit to your liking. I do love the valley on the admiral I can stand there and hold the bow drawn back for quite a while. Boy though that thing wants to go when you try and let out of it slowly.
That's when it's nice that you have an adjustable mod and draw stop right there on the Cam.

Sweet!!

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 11:58 AM

wow i just did the math and my wingspan was 70 3/4 which is roughly 28.5. ive always pulled 30 ! ? boy was i off ! every time i think im fairly aquainted with bows and bowhunting i find out ive been doin the most trivial things wrong !
Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 PM

And another thing guys , has anyone heard anything about the QAD Ultra Rest having issues with the bus cables ?I think in light of my findings im gonna go to 28" ( i ususally have a tie in d lool which will put me about where i need to be. do you see any problems with going 27 1/2 " and beig a touch short , how does this help in hunting stuations?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

In hunting situations you are not always standing up straight at a target line. You may be twisted, sitting, kneeling, etc.

IMHO it is easier to repeat your form with a draw length a tad short rather than a Tad long.

Dave start with 28" with a loop and see how it feels. You can always change to 27.5" or 28.5"for a while and see how it feels. That's the Great thing about the rotating mod and draw stop. With a little patience and time shooting you should be able to dial that draw length into the length that's perfect for you.

IMHO opinion and experience the Limb Driver is the best dropaway on the market and with the new capture launchers they are even more attractive for hunters.

Dan
Old 02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

i have an admiral. just a couple questions moving the draw stop does exactly what. will it give u a bigger valley? and how far should u move it there are a lot of holes. i notice that mine seems to have less of a valley than the one i shot before. as soon as the string starts to move forward mine want to go. if u move it what are u looking for? the timing i am also a little confused on. the pro shop told me as long as i dont feel a double wall i am timed in good.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Seraphhhc

you can adjust the valley length by moving the draw stop in the opposite direction of the cam movement when drawing back so that the draw stop hits the cable later. This can also slightly change your draw length some though too. If your draw length was shortened and the draw stop wasn't then that would effect the valley causing it to be less. It would have the other effect if draw length was made longer. causing your valley to be bigger or longer whatever is the proper terminology. If you do move the draw stop be careful so you do not strip out the allen head though it is a fairly weak bolt head and can stip easily. Just adjust the draw stop until the valley feels like you want it and at the proper draw length you want.

Quick Reply: Well the Admiral has Finally Arrived

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.