Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Admiral performance is very impressive! >

Admiral performance is very impressive!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Admiral performance is very impressive!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Admiral performance is very impressive!

I believe you will be happy with the limbdriver.I would have to have the containment arm.Might have to try and get another bow and put one on it.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Good numbers considering the weight on the string and the fact that you have an adjustable draw cam.You are losing some fps for that but not much.

How is the draw length measuring out?

Heyya T- Draw measured out basically 28 5/8" (I tinkered with the draw stop a tad to get a bit less letoff than 80%- I'd say at the normal 80% draw stop setting for 28.5" it would measure 28.75" AMO (which is within AMO spec of =/- 1/4" ). It's right there with my GT500 which measured 28.75" (28.5" cams)
Old 02-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

1/4" is acceptable,I would probably even prefer it.I kinda fall in the middle anyway.

My Alphamax was only an 1/8" over,as is my xtec.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah- I'm inbetween as well- generally 28 3/4 to 28 7/8" " so with a slightly longer loop I'm good.

I kinda "cheaped out" a bit and went with a Cobra Double Diamond fall away- poor man's Trophy Taker. Its a good rest for the $, but it is no TT when it comes to "solid". So I decided to give the limb driver a try since I love the general idea (just don't like that extra long cable).

I'm off to bed now, but I have another good thread for the morning- No hints- just gotta say I love my friends at the Pro-shop- you'll see why tomorrow
Old 02-02-2009, 07:06 PM

Heere's a pic of my loop..

Old 02-02-2009, 07:08 PM

Weird pic I know but had to use a flashlight because the lense is so far out in front of the flash...
Old 02-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put a brass nock above the loop, and make the tie in bigger and uglier and thats what I have Russ-

My loop is oversized too because A) to deal with the oversized(i.e. long) tie in and B) I needed a tad more effective draw length.

It doesn't look great but it works. I'll "clean it up" at some point in the future.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff I think if you tie a nock set and Loop per Gregs thread you will eliminate any problems. I've tied several in for guys at 29" & 30" and never a problem yet.

I Love the CP bows they really are just a pure pleasure to shoot.

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
N2D

Glad you are happy with the new bow Jeff. Those are good numbers for sure.

Ed
Old 02-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thx guys- all is good with the loop- at least as far as actually working correctly- arrow flight was brilliant. It's just my horrible looking tie in nock. I never ever could make those things look pretty like some people can. I avoid shoes with laces too- if I can help it

Cannot wait to get back to the shop Friday evening and start getting this bow dialed in.

Quick Reply: Admiral performance is very impressive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.