HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Easton Nano ST AXIS and Full Metal Jacket (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/284952-easton-nano-st-axis-full-metal-jacket.html)

JeffB 02-01-2009 02:48 PM

Easton Nano ST AXIS and Full Metal Jacket

Who is shooting these? Any comments? Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Wondering if these are an improvement on the original ST Axis shafting

walks with a gimp 02-01-2009 02:59 PM

RE: Easton Nano ST AXIS and Full Metal Jacket

The FMJ's are good arrows but will take a bend, I'd stay with all carbon for 3D. The FMJ's pull much nicer out of the 3D's though! Problem is that they are heavier than what most want to shoot for 3D, great hunting arrow though!

drockw 02-01-2009 03:05 PM

They arent really an improvement. Ive had all of them. I actually prefer the first axis over the nano's b/c of noise

JeffB 02-01-2009 03:07 PM

Thx Russ Strictly hunting shafts for me- gave up shooting 3D (for score) around 1996 or so. I was just wondering how the new ones (nano) are compared to the originals. The FMJs bend that easy? Thats not good.

anyone else?

JeffB 02-01-2009 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: drockw

They arent really an improvement. Ive had all of them. I actually prefer the first axis over the nano's b/c of noise
Yeah I noticed the rougher finish- stupid, IMO. I know the shop has SOME originals but I think they are all 500s.

Thx Derek

mez 02-01-2009 03:26 PM

I've been shooting the FMJ's for 4 years now. Don't have plans on switching any time soon. I haven't bent any yet but have broken some. I've used the same arrow on mutiple deer and no problems. I like the weight, they hit hard. I can't compare them to the Axis.

I swithced to the FMJ's from a Beman Matrix. About the only differnce between those is the diameter. Great hunting arrow.

drockw 02-01-2009 03:32 PM

Honestly guys,like i said ive had them all at one time or another. Ive probably had 3+ dozen axis shafts all together. None of them shoot different for me. Ive shot all that i had before at the same time and grouped them all together at 50 yards. I was shooting 2 nanos, 2fmj's (which were a little heavier), and 2 older ones. I was shooting 4to5 in. groups at 50 yards. After that, i just kinda told myself "pick an arrow and it'll be alright either way"

Ive had odd instances where ive had them break unexplainably before, but... i can recall instances where they have all done it. The fmj'sseemed to be the most brittle though, but u never know why?

Derek

MeanV2 02-01-2009 04:18 PM

I'm not a big fan of the HIT insert system, I hunted some last year with FMJ's and had good success.

I'll probably use them on Turkeys again this Spring, but..........................

I personally prefer the CX Maxima series shafts to either the Axis or the FMJ's

I've had several customers tell me they liked their old Axis shafts over the Nano's??

Dan

TFOX 02-01-2009 05:23 PM

I actually love the HIT insert.There isn't a better system on the market for proper broadhead alignment imo.

The FMJ's can bend but it is no more of an issue than it is with the regular acc shafts.

TFOX 02-01-2009 05:24 PM

I actually love the HIT insert.There isn't a better system on the market for proper broadhead alignment imo.

The FMJ's can bend but it is no more of an issue than it is with the regular acc shafts.