ADMIRAL ON DECK! I can't help myself- I totally cave when it comes to recoil/vibe/noise free bows- it's a sickness! A SICKNESS I TELL YOU! http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/JeffBinny/DSC01440.jpg..." />

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ATTENTION!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ATTENTION!

ADMIRAL ON DECK!

I can't help myself- I totally cave when it comes to recoil/vibe/noise free bows- it's a sickness! A SICKNESS I TELL YOU!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:12 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATTENTION!

Do you have what would be termed an addictive personality?

I'm waiting on the Sentinal. Can't wait to get my hands on one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I Shot an Admiral and fully expect it to win Bow of the year awards in a few circles, but I bought a Captain!!

I also have a Sentinel on order. Ever since shooting the 1st Guardian I have Loved the feeling of the BowTech CP bows, and the 09's are a step up from the 07 Guardian for sure.

Dan
Old 01-31-2009, 10:33 AM

I like the adjustable draw stop and integrated string stop.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I almost went with the Captain, but wanted something with more brace- after messing witha an X-force and a 82nd this past week I gave up on my "low brace, low poundage" experiment and decided to go the opposite direction- bigger brace, slower bow with higher poundage. Draw is crappy IMO but I can get used to it for that kind of incredible shot (lack of) feel- and it was a wee bit better than the Captain draw cycle.

I still need to do a little work- we didn't have time @ the shop last night before they closed- the peep sight needs some tweaking and tying in. Also MAJOR nock pinch problems on a typical Easton Super type nock - X nocks/G nocks were not a prob- but If I stick with a "full size" nock I will need to tie in a nock point with a small gap on the bottom side of the arrow nock, and then the loop around them. No biggie- most likely I'll be shooting X or G nocks anyways.

I also shot a brand new General (the last one they had) that had been set up for a customer who was coming in to pick it up- it was even quieter and more dead than the Admiral-I couldn't believe it. The draw was smoother than the Admiral (no late peak) but I did not like the valley or balance nearly as well on the General- and it weighed a ton everything on it.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:53 PM

Got one just like it Jeff. Mine is shooting 314 fps at 61/29/304 grains. I've had it since the 24th of October and shot both my bucks with it, they never heard the shot that killed them

Good luck
Old 01-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

Got one just like it Jeff. Mine is shooting 314 fps at 61/29/304 grains. I've had it since the 24th of October and shot both my bucks with it, they never heard the shot that killed them

Good luck
Thanks Russ- you got a FAST one- my BC speed (29/70) is 308

That said- I did *not* buy this for the speed. In fact I'm gonna do my damndest NOT to chrono it.

Got any pics of those deer???
Old 01-31-2009, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: JeffB
I did *not* buy this for the speed. In fact I'm gonna do my damndest NOT to chrono it.
Add thisstatement to the list of things I'll never say.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:57 PM

Jeff, Yes I have pics but they weren't anythingspecial, just meat bucks... The B/C on my Admiral said 310 fps but it came with the Hush silencers on it. The cams were out of sync, twisted one cable 4 turns. It's plenty fast for me,,, There ain't a deer in the world that can jump the string at 4 or 5 yards like I shot last fall.

I really think this will be the last bow I buy. I'm getting along with my bowhunting carreer and have a herniated disc in my C6/C7 that needs attention. If I go the fusion route I might be done. Regardless, I don't need more speed or draw effort than the Admiral has.. I call a ton so the bucks get real close before I cancel my tags soaccuracy is very good for me In the last 7 or 8 years I probably could have done as well with the first bow I bought in '73 but the Admiral was something I HAD to get. It's a sweety!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the Admiral Jeff. Not gonna put you on the spot and ask which bow(GT500 or Admiral) you like best because I know they are different in their own way. I guess its just plain stubborness or stupidity on my part but owning one of the cp bows is not on my list at this time.........I just really do not like the looks of them.........poor reason I know[X(].

Quick Reply: ATTENTION!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.