HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Trophy Ridge/Rocket Undertaker/Meat Seeker (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/284694-trophy-ridge-rocket-undertaker-meat-seeker.html)

JeffB 01-30-2009 07:22 AM

Trophy Ridge/Rocket Undertaker/Meat Seeker

Bear/Trophy Ridge/Rocket rep (NICE guy- real nice guy) was in the shop a week or two ago and he had all of the new Rocket/TR broadheads to show off. This thing impressed me the most. Apparently there was a name change due to a similar name with another hunting product (a call or blind or something) and now it's called the Meat-Seeker. Anyone have any experience with these? And please- no "mechanicals SUXX" posts-take the drama elsewhere.

This thing-

MeanV2 01-30-2009 08:27 AM

RE: Trophy Ridge/Rocket Undertaker/Meat Seeker

I used rocket heads for several years. I never had a bad experience with one, but they were pretty much a disposable head to me back then. Hopefully they are better quality now.

Dan

Mikey S. 01-30-2009 08:50 AM

I tried them this year. I only took one deer with them, a 100lb. doe at 12 yards. I double lunged her and she expired 25-30 yds from my tree. Cut a nice hole.

There's a guy on this site that tests broadheads, they got decent marks from him as far as durability goes. You can get replaceable blades for them.

JeffB 01-30-2009 08:51 AM

Thanks guys- I shot rockets for years as well with no issues, but I like the idea of the big entrance wound too.

Mikey-Do you mean 5-shot? Is he still doing his famous BH tests?

drockw 01-30-2009 10:25 AM

I would like to see them in hand! They look pretty cool, but kind of fragile. That is just by the looks though, and imo as long as the bh does its job the first time, i dont mind fixing the blades.

Derek

MeanV2 01-30-2009 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Thanks guys- I shot rockets for years as well with no issues, but I like the idea of the big entrance wound too.

Mikey-Do you mean 5-shot? Is he still doing his famous BH tests?
If given a choice I'll choose a big exit hole over a big entrance hole anyday.
The exit hole is usually lower and where you blood trail comes from.;)

Jeff 5-Shot still does his BH tests:D

Dan

Kanga 01-30-2009 01:05 PM

Do you mean 5-shot? Is he still doing his famous BH tests?
Jeff.

To answer your question yes Chris is still doing BH tests;)

BTW expandables suck:eek:[:-][8D];):):D

JeffB 01-30-2009 05:59 PM

Derek- It seemed pretty stout- the blades probably are not the MOST durable- but they should be pretty close to a Rocket Sidewinder or such in strength. I think pictures of the head make it look less stout than it is. But the real test is on game- To me broadheads are one time use items. Once it goes through an animal, it's retired.

Dan- Agreed re: the exit wound, but I prefer BOTH!

Russ- I'm afraid I've already been warned about skirting the profanity filter (not purposefully, but), so I will just click on this:

fillae 02-19-2009 10:14 AM

That BH in the pic is the Trophy Ridge Undertaker (or was last year). It was originally called a Piston Point until bought by Trophy Ridge. My pro-shop guy swears by them, so I tried them last fall. I will definitely be using them again this next fall. The entrance and exit wounds were great (I was using G5 Montecs previously). WKP Todd did a field review of the Piston Points a while back. Here is the link:

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjourn...l.aspx?nID=738

I used the same tip for practice all fall and it held up great (shooting into a Block target).