Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Is there such a  thing... >

Is there such a thing...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is there such a thing...

Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is there such a thing...

Well that got everyone attention...
Old 01-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

...I was thinkin' the same thing!

Do you have any Hoyt catalogs handy?

Yeah!! I wonder if they are accepting factory tours!

Dan
Old 01-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, I think for the tours, you have to pay to get in the door. They'll build you a bow, but you have throw money down for each component.

Man this thread went in the dumper quick didn't it?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

The drama is created by the so called "brand loyalists" who like to get in battles defending their decision on what bow they spent $800 on......as if the company is sponsoring them or something. Everybodybought the best one! If you go to a pro shoot, and watch the guys who GET PAID to shoot whatever is in their hand, they are all friends and don't argue about who's cam or riser is the greatest innovation. I highly doubt you'll see pros arguing on the internet over equipment.They actually shoot their bows and don't have time.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cmpletely agree about the bow drama! Its insane that the archery group is the group of hobbiest that are so judgemental and brutal! I personally think its hilarious that people spend soo much time defending/bashing bow companies... For me, anymore, its almost hard to find a bow that i wouldnt shoot, and i shoot for a shop! Im shooting the AM now, but if my shop said we arent carrying hoyt anymore, its pse or mathews, im sure i could find and setup a bow that i could shoot just as well, and probably like just as much.

I think alot of the issues are caused by manufacturers, and here is the one that stands out the most to me... They are obviously talking about-you know who[:-]-

http://www.pse-archery.com/prod.php?k=57248&u=0759UF

THats one that will completely upset the Mathews population on AT if you post that! Like i said, i think its entertaining, but at the same time, its ridiculous...

If you truly shoot lots of different bows and shoot all of the high end bows right now with an unbiased opinion, i think most will find that there arent any that they couldnt truely deal with.

Derek
Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 PM

Hey jeff, is that Yengwie Malmsteen?.....I know I dident spell it right
(ing-vae)
Old 01-31-2009, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brotherbdc

Hey jeff, is that Yengwie Malmsteen?.....I know I dident spell it right
(ing-vae)
Nope, but it is Yngwie's biggest influence! That's Ritchie Blackmore
Old 02-01-2009, 07:06 AM

The Manufactures cause a lot of the drama. Envy over industry setting innovation, theft of ideas, copying patented ideas.. Then the loyal following gets involved and we all end up in distant families of archers and bowhunters.

I've watched BowTech get beat up ever since November of 2005. Most of it was over the Binary cam system and how it was an inferior cam design. Now everyone and their cousin is using similar designs on their bows. Mathews iseven producing dual cam bows now and I'll bet Hoyt and PSE will be changing soon. Merlin from across the water in producing one now!

http://www.merlin-bows.co.uk/index.html
Old 02-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

The Manufactures cause a lot of the drama
I think they pretty much cause all of it- whether directly or indirectly. Some are better than others of course.

Too much competition for your dollar, and justifying high prices breeds this kind of behavior
Old 02-01-2009, 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: JeffB

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

The Manufactures cause a lot of the drama
I think they pretty much cause all of it- whether directly or indirectly. Some are better than others of course.

Too much competition for your dollar, and justifying high prices breeds this kind of behavior
I think the profits are soHIGH "some" manufactures are willing to risk lawsuits to copy designs. Take a look at limb pockets coming out on some bows now since the Guardian came out.. I suppose Darton filed a patent on that design first also and we'll see more drama over that in the years to come..[&:]

Quick Reply: Is there such a thing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.