" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I shot the Air Raid!! >

I shot the Air Raid!!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I shot the Air Raid!!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I shot the Air Raid!!

I believe this is going to be the bow that everyone is scrambling after in Bowtech's lineup. Justifiably so? Maybe, maybe not. I think the concept is great, the numbers are impressive, I would just have to see how it shot. I don't particularly care for short ATA bows, but from what I've heard about the admiral, BT is getting their short ATA bows to shoot much more stable than one would expect.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't particularly care for short ATA bows, but from what I've heard about the admiral, BT is getting their short ATA bows to shoot much more stable than one would expect.
I agree. I'm not a fan of the real short ATA bows either. 33 is about as low as I will go, even though I can and have shot ATA's shorter very well. It doesn't surprise me though that Bowtech's are shooting that well. When most of the ATA is riser, it definitely makes these bows feel and shoot like a much longer bow. I think that is what the 82nd and 101st have going for them, even with low brace heights, these bows flat out shoot.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm one of those 33-35" is as short as I go shooters as well. There has been one exception- Mathews Outback-I shot that bow as well as any 40" bow I've ever owned. I'm amazed that there are so many sub 30" bows out there now- The couple of Mathews models, and those PSE SS/TS models are just nuts. If you are an adult and hunting in crap so thick it dictates the need for a 26" A2A compound bow , then buy a rifle and hang your stand somewhere else
Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think, nowadays, thatjust looking ata bow's axle to axle length or brace height doesn't really tell the whole story. Bows like Bowtech's center pivot models and Hoyt's TEC riser models "behave" differently than traditional riser bows when you look at short axle to axle length models. Much the same thing could be said of shorter brace height model bows that utilize some type of string suppressor device. They behave differently than bows that do not have this feature.

When you throw in the variety of new cam designs and the subsequent limb improvements that have gone on along with it then it is really difficult to generalize any bow design based on simple specs on paper.

I have yet to shoot or handle the Air Raid but I have to admit that I would very much like to. I think folks were waiting for a very fast, shootable new model from Bowtech and they delivered.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Along with what PA said I think that the admiral with CP technology it makes the bow feel more stable in your hands than some longer ATA non CP bows. Although I started out with a PSE Venom which was only 32 ATA so when I shot the captain to the Admiral the captain felt odd and long. But that's just me
Old 01-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am really excited to get mine in. With all the fuss, I am going to get mine on order this week in hopes to have it by Spring Gobbler season as that is what it's main intended use with be. It will have to damn near walk through fire to feel better in my hands than my 101st for the deer stand, but I will enjoy having the option to go to a shorter setup up if te situation dictates.