Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 **So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1 >

**So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

**So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Old 02-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: So, How's my form?

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

Not good , Your grip has been addressed above , you are leaning way back , and your release forearm is pointing toward the ground , it should be in line with your arrow shaft
LOL WOW!!! I don't even know what to say.

How do you figure? Maybe your head is tilted toward the ground.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Not good , Your grip has been addressed above , you are leaning way back , and your release forearm is pointing toward the ground , it should be in line with your arrow shaft
Actually looking at the "wife-beater" shirt pic, he doesn't look like he's leaning back to me at all. Leaning WAY back is a bit of an exaggeration. Overall it looks like pretty good form, but what's most important really is where does the arrow go!!!!! TFox for example has a bit of a form flaw with his grip, but he's a pretty accomplished archer by mosts measurements. I don't think you have to have PERFECT form to be a good archer. You may need decent form, but perfect form isn't a requirement. Overall, it looked pretty good, as I stated before.

And both you "scrawny" guys need to eat more!!!!

Hey thanks for the tips man!

You are right in saying that all that counts is where the arrows go. I'm confident enough in my shooting that I don't shoot at the same spot twice any more. Ive only been shooting for a year but I've got two robin hoods and blew the knock-ends off on three other arrows. I learned that I didn't like replacing my XT's that often.

And trust me, I eat, and eat, and eat,and eat. I just can't putany mass on, lol.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: englum_06

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Actually looking at the "wife-beater" shirt pic, he doesn't look like he's leaning back to me at all. Leaning WAY back is a bit of an exaggeration. Overall it looks like pretty good form, but what's most important really is where does the arrow go!!!!! TFox for example has a bit of a form flaw with his grip, but he's a pretty accomplished archer by mosts measurements. I don't think you have to have PERFECT form to be a good archer. You may need decent form, but perfect form isn't a requirement. Overall, it looked pretty good, as I stated before.

And both you "scrawny" guys need to eat more!!!!

And trust me, I eat, and eat, and eat,and eat. I just can't putany mass on, lol.
It's called high metabolism!I have it too, and you know what? You'll live longerbecause ofit.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: englum_06

Hey thanks for the tips man!

You are right in saying that all that counts is where the arrows go. I'm confident enough in my shooting that I don't shoot at the same spot twice any more. Ive only been shooting for a year but I've got two robin hoods and blew the knock-ends off on three other arrows. I learned that I didn't like replacing my XT's that often.

Pat,
Just teasin' ya a little, it'll all work out in time, I had a hard time gaining weight until I had money to eat, and a job that stopped me from being "on-the-go" all the time, now I'm just plain FAT. A couple RH's for a guy only shooting a year is pretty good, LOTS of guys will shoot MANY years before they ever shoot one, and many more will NEVER shoot one. Now try to stay away from shooting groups too much, so it saves you a little money. But seriously, the form looks pretty good, and again, it "doens't have to be PERFECT to be a good archer."
Old 02-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

You will see a LOT of pro's with this grip right here.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

You will see a LOT of pro's with this grip right here.

Or a variation of it.

The reason,it is repeatable andit createsvery little torque.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never thought too much about my grip. I'm trying to find a good picture of it.

Give me a few

EDIT: Honestly, I couldn't find a good picture of my grip.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: **So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Found some of me too. Might be flawed. Who knows. It looks funny on both of them to be. The camo bow has no shelf so it makes it funny. The silver bow, I'm not sure thats a good picture of it. Looks like it has tension.

More grip pictures from the industry's best

And finally, probably the best aimer/shooter right now

As you can see, not even the Pro's do everything text book. Within reason, grip and form, as long as it's repeatable, is ok. Within reason though, you can't be giving the bow a death grip.

I also took all these pictures

Well other than the ones of me.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

My grip is a closed but relaxed grip.I can't use the prefered grip by many because it causes pain in my hand if I do.So I have found a happy medium that doesn't cause any torque.

Hey matt,those grips are very similar to this aren't they.[8D]
Old 02-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just trying to help

You asked , I gave my honest opinion
Improvements in form make for improvements in shooting

All of us can improve , or be satisfied being so so , its up to you