Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 07 Allegiance questions >

07 Allegiance questions

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

07 Allegiance questions

Old 01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 Allegiance questions

I just got done talking with Bowtech. The guy there said to start with the 4 dots on each cam. That is where they are optimum.

I know I'm worrying over next to nothing as this will probably correct itself after shooting it for a bit to break it in. But, I'm picky and won't let it go until its right.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:19 AM

Building a draw board is great for binaries because you can take careful look at everything at full draw and make minute adjustments to make every just right. Greg's advice was spot on but I think you should be set once you put some shots on the strings and let things settle.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I just got done talking with Bowtech. The guy there said to start with the 4 dots on each cam. That is where they are optimum.
Then definitely start there- or rather shoot the string in a bit and then set to that position. Cam timing makes a big dioff, whether a single, dual or hybrid style bow.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, that was my thought, i'll shoot the strings in a bit before making any adjustments. It's too cold here right now to shoot outside so I'll have to shoot in my basement. It's -1 right now!!

I'll let ya know how it goes.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stuff like this (breaking in a new cable/string) is a perfect time to blind bale shoot Get right up on the target, close your eyes and work on the feel of the shot. Kills two birds with one stone-plus if the bow is out of timing/not tuned up right, then you won't get flustered by it not quite shooting right- it might get to ya a little if you were shooting at 15 or 20 yards even when you know you are just trying to cycle the cable/string.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I just put about 80 arrows through the bow this morning and here is what I came up with.

ATA moved to 33 1/8", brace height stayed the same but the poundage was still a bit down. Timing marks didn't move either.

String twisted at 1/4 turn during settling. Not bad at all. Great job to Jason at Wolfden.

Sooooo, I put two twists in each cable a now my timing are marks on closer to 4 dots, per Bowtech recomendation and poundage is almost pefect.

I'm going to put a few more arrows through it, install the peep and get tuning.

She's gonna be a killer.....again.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Ok, I just put about 80 arrows through the bow this morning and here is what I came up with.

ATA moved to 33 1/8", brace height stayed the same but the poundage was still a bit down. Timing marks didn't move either.

String twisted at 1/4 turn during settling. Not bad at all. Great job to Jason at Wolfden.

Sooooo, I put two twists in each cable a now my timing are marks on closer to 4 dots, per Bowtech recomendation and poundage is almost pefect.

I'm going to put a few more arrows through it, install the peep and get tuning.

She's gonna be a killer.....again.
Just outta curiosity, what bow press do you have?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

rybo, I actually built my own press two years ago. It's basically a heavy duty Xpress.