Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow? >

What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

What type of bowstring should I ask for when I restring my bow? I know that I want it pre-stretched right? Any other advice? I am slowly learning about my bow but am actually very ignorant when it comes to knowing what is a "quality" string. I have a 2004 Reflex Excursion. I was going to buy a new bow this year but decided against it due to wanting to save money. I just want to restring and buy a new sight with smaller pins, that is it. Thanks all.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

There are any number of high quality strings out there. If you want Vaportrail strings, which are an excellent string, contact MeanV2 and he can get them for you at an extremely good price. Then you can take the strings and your bow to the pro shop and just pay to have them put it on.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Well you have a lot of choices as far as string makers: Vapor Trail, Bucknasty, Rock Solid, Wolf Den, H&M, Winners Choice. I have a set of Vapor Trails on right now and they seem to be working great. One thing I will mention is that I had to have a guy do a small serving part around my cable guard that VT forgot to do -- and let me tell you -- his serving were much cleaner. But other than that I would say VT is the way for you to go. PM MeanV2 on here -- he will give you a quote on a set of strings from Vaport Trail. As far as string choice: I would get 452X or the VT VTX blend -- they usually hold up a little better and are more resistance to stretch than 8125. As far as colore -- have fun .
Old 01-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Bruce, so when I order from MeanV(heard good things about him), I just tell him my string length after I determine which string I would like to purchase? Thank you.

FSU--thank you, I really appreciate you breaking it down for me in terms of being specific. That will help me a ton.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Thanks Bruce, so when I order from MeanV(heard good things about him), I just tell him my string length after I determine which string I would like to purchase? Thank you.

FSU--thank you, I really appreciate you breaking it down for me in terms of being specific. That will help me a ton.
You would tell him string and cable length and the two colors you want. Give him a phone call (his number is on his website), he will be glad to help you get the right string and cable for your bow.

http://www.meanvarchery.com/index.html
Old 01-08-2009, 05:55 PM

Go to both Brownell http://www.brownellarchery.com/products.htm and BCY's http://www.bcyfibers.com/technical_s...2012-17-08.pdf sites and read up on the benefits of the different types of material. Then you can decide what fits your needs best and ask informed questions of your string maker.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

VS, Bruce has told you what I need to know. I am currently running a special on VT strings and cables. So shoot me a PM or give me a call and I'll get you took care of. Also Steve and Jarod more than likely have specs on your bow as well to cross check everything.

I have had Great Luck with the VT strings. I put a set on my 82nd back in the summer, set the peep, tuned the Bow, set Cam timing, and sighted it in. I hunted in temps ranging from 80 degrees down to 24 degrees below zero. Hunted in snow, rain, etc. After all that my peep is still coming back perfect, and my cams are still perfectly timed.

Nothing has moved, Period!

Dan
Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you Bruce, Kodiak, and Mean. I will be ordering a new string here in the next couple of weeks. You guys have really helped me out.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go with Dan (meanv2) he will get you setup straight.
Derek
Old 01-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just ordered a Bucknasty from John,(Gibblet). This will be the first Bucknasty going on the Marquis. I had 2 of them on my Diamond Victory. Not to take anything away from any other manufacturer or distributor but John's customer service and products are fantastic. I ordered a 2 color,(mountainberry and silver), string in 452X with halo servings. The price would be hard to beat anywhere. He can be contacted at [email protected]
This post is not meant to detract from MeanV or any other maker or distributor but just to give more info to work with. Comparison shopping is a good thing.

Quick Reply: What type of string do I ask for when I restring my bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.