HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Any idea of roundabout pricing for the following bows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/281593-any-idea-roundabout-pricing-following-bows.html)

muzzyman88 01-07-2009 02:25 PM

RE: Any idea of roundabout pricing for the following bows?

At my local shop, the S.W.A.T. was 679. I shot it and its an awefully nice shooter.

JeffB 01-08-2009 08:11 AM

Thanks all-

Has anyone shot the PSE Bow Madness models? , Hoyt SuperHawk, or the Martin Firecat/MOAB?

drockw 01-08-2009 10:26 AM

Ive shot the bowmadness quite a bit and i really liked it. Its a super nice bow, especially for hunting. All i thought it needed was a stabilizer to defer the kick a little bit, but other than that, its a shooter.

Ive shot the powerhawk as well (or whatever its called) It seems to be a nice bow too. Its not the AM but its still a shooter with a more reasonable price:D

JeffB 01-08-2009 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: drockw

Ive shot the bowmadness quite a bit and i really liked it. Its a super nice bow, especially for hunting. All i thought it needed was a stabilizer to defer the kick a little bit, but other than that, its a shooter.
That seems to be the general concensus on the net. Sounds like PSE finally got their $hit together in the past few years.

Ive shot the powerhawk as well (or whatever its called) It seems to be a nice bow too. Its not the AM but its still a shooter with a more reasonable price:D
EXACTLY why I want to take a gander at it. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

JeffB 01-11-2009 11:34 AM

Went up to the shop yesterday just to see how they had expanded the store while I was on hiatus, and lo and behold my friends had returned from the ATA show early due to a big storm rolling into Indy.

I had my 9 yo , and they were busy as hell, so I didn't shoot anything but I was def impressed with the new Bowtechs (a couple 08s and the Captain & Admiral), Diamonds (Iceman/Marquis), and *especially* the Elite Archery GT500 and Z28 from a construction/fit and finish standpoint. Alphamax 32 looked very sweet as well though i thought the camo dip looked a little...err...faded? They only had a couple 2008 Martins, a couple of last years PSEs and some of the Reflex version of the Superhawk, none of which I am interested in unfortunately.

Luckily I had a pretty big $ credit on my account waiting for me from a few lefty and recurve bows I had left up there for them to sell back in 2005 (that I had totally forgotten about), and like always they offered to give me a great deal on anything in the shop (what can I say, they missed me jk ). They are and have always been really good to me- def the best Pro-shop I've encountered over the years. So looks like I'll be able to give some of the higher end stuff the run through when I head back up later in the week.

TFOX 01-11-2009 11:49 AM

Jeff,if I had 1 complaint about the Hoyt Am it would be the camo.It is a good camo and works well but just doesn't look very appealing to the eye.

I had even oredered mine in flat black with camo limbs but talked myself out of the black for hunting.But it looks awesome.

JeffB 01-11-2009 12:06 PM

OK good-it's not just me. They had sev 2008 Hoyts there too, and there was a marked diff between them and the AM32/35s they had.

Weird. Hoyt historically has always had a great dip finish (personally I think the old Mossy Oak Shadowbranch circa 1999 was the best ever,it really came out well compared to most other camo, but I digress)

TFOX 01-11-2009 03:59 PM

I personally feel the dipping is top notch,I really don't think you will have to worry about it coming off,just isn't appealing to the eye.Atleast not to us.[8D]

drockw 01-11-2009 05:49 PM

I agree about the am's camo. It isnt very appealing, but hey... Just cuz it isnt pretty dont mean nothin:D

JeffB 01-11-2009 07:20 PM

Actually I did not mean I felt it was poorly done in the sense it would flake/peel, just rather it doesn't *look* up to Hoyt's usual standard- or the standard *I* am used to anyway- haven't been around the bows in a few years.