Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 With all this talk about cam lean... >

With all this talk about cam lean...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

With all this talk about cam lean...

Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: With all this talk about cam lean...

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Well i hate to bring this up but i guess i spoke too soon, i went to that mathews shop i was talking about eariler in the threadto shoot with a couple buddies of mine and it started ticking again. Im beyond pissed right now. I tried to get the shop owner to help me but he couldn't give me an answer on why it was ticking and he basicaly told me to f off. Ive been to 3 total shops and no body could tell what the problem is. I just dont know what to do. So im asking, what would you guys do? Im not a bow tech so i cant work on it my self, i was thinking about just trading it off and getting a new one, id really like to have an iceman. I don't know anything about the whole warranty deal, it dosen't seem like that big of a deal to let bowtech look at. I mean its just a little tick in the draw cycle and the bow is still a tack driver, it just bothers the hell out of me that it's doing it. So again im looking for some advice.

Thanks, Wayne
Take it to a bowtech dealer. Ticking isn't right. If your the original owner, it should be under warranty. if the bowtech dealer does not fix it or tells you to screw off, I would contact Pat (bowtech shooter) or bowtech directly.I mean this bow is almost new. Thats just crazy.

I have a feeling, you got some cable rubbing or possibly an axle. Is the tick right at draw or full draw?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Well i hate to bring this up but i guess i spoke too soon, i went to that mathews shop i was talking about eariler in the threadto shoot with a couple buddies of mine and it started ticking again. Im beyond pissed right now. I tried to get the shop owner to help me but he couldn't give me an answer on why it was ticking and he basicaly told me to f off. Ive been to 3 total shops and no body could tell what the problem is. I just dont know what to do. So im asking, what would you guys do? Im not a bow tech so i cant work on it my self, i was thinking about just trading it off and getting a new one, id really like to have an iceman. I don't know anything about the whole warranty deal, it dosen't seem like that big of a deal to let bowtech look at. I mean its just a little tick in the draw cycle and the bow is still a tack driver, it just bothers the hell out of me that it's doing it. So again im looking for some advice.

Thanks, Wayne
Take it to a bowtech dealer. Ticking isn't right. If your the original owner, it should be under warranty. if the bowtech dealer does not fix it or tells you to screw off, I would contact Pat (bowtech shooter) or bowtech directly.I mean this bow is almost new. Thats just crazy.

I have a feeling, you got some cable rubbing or possibly an axle. Is the tick right at draw or full draw?
I took the bow to a bowtech dealer and he just re timed the cams and put some twist in the string and it did quit ticking for about 50 shots. The tick happens as soon as i pull it back. But i think i will just contact bowtech directly and see what they can do.

Wayne
Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 PM
bigcountry

Thanks, Wayne

I took the bow to a bowtech dealer and he just re timed the cams and put some twist in the string and it did quit ticking for about 50 shots. The tick happens as soon as i pull it back. But i think i will just contact bowtech directly and see what they can do.

Wayne
I would. A guy shouldn't have to be taking a bow apart like this new out of the box. Might want to give the dealer one more shot. And have him send it back.

I hope he didn't charge you with the first fix?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, Wayne

Wayne
I would. A guy shouldn't have to be taking a bow apart like this new out of the box. Might want to give the dealer one more shot. And have him send it back.

I hope he didn't charge you with the first fix?
No he didn't
Old 01-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Spike

iff your bow uses modules i would take it off then put a small amount of wax underneath it or clean underneath it i had the same problem and it fixed it straight away
Old 01-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Do as they say and go to a good pro shop. Could be a number of things........timing off causing draw stop to contact cam too early, worn spacer, worn bearings(doubt it), bent axle, etc. I've seen a bent axle on other brand of bows do the same thing, causing a very noticible ticking noise.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Do as they say and go to a good pro shop. Could be a number of things........timing off causing draw stop to contact cam too early, worn spacer, worn bearings(doubt it), bent axle, etc. I've seen a bent axle on other brand of bows do the same thing, causing a very noticible ticking noise.
Ive drove all over and for the life of me i cant find a shop thatis worth a damn. Im just gonna hold on to it for now cause now im shooting a bunch of 3d shoots and ill be using it for turkeys and if i send it anywhere gods knows when ill get it back. So this summer im just gonna trade it off and get a new bow. Im sick and tired of driving around and nobody being able to help me. So thank you everybody for trying to help.