Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 With all this talk about cam lean... >

With all this talk about cam lean...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

With all this talk about cam lean...

Old 12-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: With all this talk about cam lean...

The new Easton offerings are pretty sweet.Best broadhead alignment in the industry as far as I am concerned.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

If I may recommend a pro shop (and I'm sure I will get an ass riping for even mentioning this) -- but there is a very reputable guy in MO that goes my Crackers. Ya might want to check him out. Drock mentioned Terminal Velocity -- good shop -- actually Crackers taught the guy at terminal velocity. So since its close to you try Crackers since you say there isn't a good shop near you
Old 01-02-2009, 02:37 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

If I may recommend a pro shop (and I'm sure I will get an ass riping for even mentioning this) -- but there is a very reputable guy in MO that goes my Crackers. Ya might want to check him out. Drock mentioned Terminal Velocity -- good shop -- actually Crackers taught the guy at terminal velocity. So since its close to you try Crackers since you say there isn't a good shop near you
so how is crackers going to eliminate cam lean.

Can they build thier own limbs?[:-]

Old 01-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

so how is crackers going to eliminate cam lean.

Can they build thier own limbs?[:-]
he could sell him a new bow
Derek
Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

WWAG has given you some good tips. Just try another..get yourself a tube of...http://www.eders.com/products/scorpi...ble=Y&js=n
DO NOT USE too much as this stuff is really slippery.
Just a note to say if it's 'cam lean' then this is NOT going to work. You may need to check your axle pins and cam shims(for any wear, as if the bearing seizes your axle pin will wear).
For the ticking sound your chances are good if you use the scorpion cam lube.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got it fixed guys. I went to the shop last night and he said the string had streched a bunch and the cam timing wasent even close. So he got it all straightened out and it has cured the tick. Thanks for all the help guys.

Wayne
Old 01-03-2009, 09:04 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

I got it fixed guys. I went to the shop last night and he said the string had streched a bunch and the cam timing wasent even close. So he got it all straightened out and it has cured the tick. Thanks for all the help guys.

Wayne
Glad to hear it. Surprised however it fixed it. Unless the string has stretched way more than the cables and was overturning and something in the cam was touching the cam.

Do you see noticable lean?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Wayne
Glad to hear it. Surprised however it fixed it. Unless the string has stretched way more than the cables and was overturning and something in the cam was touching the cam.

Do you see noticable lean?
There is a lot less lean now than what there was on both cams. They seem to be leaning about the same now. I have no way to tell for sure, this is just by eyeballing them.

Wayne
Old 01-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i hate to bring this up but i guess i spoke too soon, i went to that mathews shop i was talking about eariler in the threadto shoot with a couple buddies of mine and it started ticking again. Im beyond pissed right now. I tried to get the shop owner to help me but he couldn't give me an answer on why it was ticking and he basicaly told me to f off. Ive been to 3 total shops and no body could tell what the problem is. I just dont know what to do. So im asking, what would you guys do? Im not a bow tech so i cant work on it my self, i was thinking about just trading it off and getting a new one, id really like to have an iceman. I don't know anything about the whole warranty deal, it dosen't seem like that big of a deal to let bowtech look at. I mean its just a little tick in the draw cycle and the bow is still a tack driver, it just bothers the hell out of me that it's doing it. So again im looking for some advice.

Thanks, Wayne
Old 01-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i hate to bring this up but i guess i spoke too soon, i went to that mathews shop i was talking about eariler in the threadto shoot with a couple buddies of mine and it started ticking again. Im beyond pissed right now. I tried to get the shop owner to help me but he couldn't give me an answer on why it was ticking and he basicaly told me to f off. Ive been to 3 total shops and no body could tell what the problem is. I just dont know what to do. So im asking, what would you guys do? Im not a bow tech so i cant work on it my self, i was thinking about just trading it off and getting a new one, id really like to have an iceman. I don't know anything about the whole warranty deal, it dosen't seem like that big of a deal to let bowtech look at. I mean its just a little tick in the draw cycle and the bow is still a tack driver, it just bothers the hell out of me that it's doing it. So again im looking for some advice.

Thanks, Wayne
It's hard to diagnose without being there, ya know?

I'd contact Bowtech- I was on the corporate staff for a few years, and assuming they are still operating like they used to, they will take care of you (assuming the bow is still under warranty). I suspect though this week would be a bad time to contact them due to the ATA show.

Quick Reply: With all this talk about cam lean...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.