HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Arrow Wobble???????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/27960-arrow-wobble.html)

Buck Magnet 04-08-2003 11:13 AM

Arrow Wobble????????

Hey guys,

I just had the MightyMite out for a little shooting. The bow is nowhere near tuned or ready to go. I have to wait for my darn pro-shop to open up again before I tune the bow (my shop hasn' t been open in weeks and I can' t get ahold of the guys). Anyways, I am gonna get help from John (the tech guy) on tuning my bow. Well, anyways, its not tuned, but, I just had it out shooting. I stepped back to about 35 yards and released a BlackHawk Vapor. In mid-flight, I noticed that the front end of the arrow seemed to be staying in the same spot, but, the back end of the arrow was making circles probablly 4-5 inches in diameter.

My question is this...... Would this mean that the center shot and vertical shot are off. What I mean is, if I shot this through paper, would I get a high and right tear, low and right tear, high and left tear, or low and left tear? I don' t want to know which one of these it would be, I am just asking if the tear would be off in both vertical and horizontal positions.

I am not worried about it, being that the bow isn' t tuned, I just got curious when I saw that :D

P.S. I was getting about 11-12" of Penetration in my 3-D target at about 30 yards. :D

Grant-KS 04-08-2003 12:18 PM

RE: Arrow Wobble????????

You, my friend, have got a BAD case of fletching contact!!!!!!!! Mine did that too once and the vanes were hitting every time. We changed it, and it was fixed. Good luck! You may well be tuned, but just having fletching contact.

Bigpapascout 04-08-2003 06:23 PM

Grant is right something is hitting your fletching get some lipstick and smear on your fletching and shoot the arrow, what ever the fletching is hitting it will have lipstick on it.

Buck Magnet 04-08-2003 06:33 PM

Thanks guys. I havnt even tuned my arrows. They have Super Nocks so, when I get my bow all set-up I will turn my nocks to get the proper clearance. I just wanted to know why it was doing that. Thanks guys.

pdq 5oh 04-08-2003 08:10 PM

Buck Magnet, which Vapors are you shooting? You' ll find the BowTechs like stiffer arrows than the charts suggest. Usually at least one spine stiffer.

Buck Magnet 04-08-2003 09:07 PM

Phil, I am shooting the 4000' s which have a spine rating to 70 lbs. My bow is maxed out at 72 pounds.

Big Country 04-08-2003 09:16 PM

BM, at the length you are shooting your arrows, coupled with the fact that you are shooting a Bowtech, you are probably underspined.

I am sending you an e-mail.

Buck Magnet 04-08-2003 09:26 PM

bout time you got back to me BC. :D:D:D

dick_cress 04-08-2003 09:44 PM

Spray on foot powder works better than lipstick IMHO. Not nearly as hard to remove.

Stickemup 04-10-2003 08:32 AM

I would say you are definitely underspined. You need to turn the bow down or go up on spine on the arrow. Those arrows may even tune well and shoot well with field points, but if they go haywire with BHs then they are not stiff enough.

Good luck getting it shooting.