Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fletching hitting cables >

Fletching hitting cables

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching hitting cables

Old 12-13-2008, 07:58 PM

Default Fletching hitting cables

I have a Bowtech General and the fletching is hitting the cables with a ripcord drop away rest. I was using Gold Tip arrows with the nock feather up and it was crossing the cables by about 1/8 of an inch. The rest is square with the cable for sure, so moving the rest to the left is not an option and I moved therestas high as it can goto allow for more clearance because the cables slant in as you go higher. I am now using 3.1 Quick Spins so turning the nock feather is not an option because it will rotate anyway.

I don't see a fix to the problem other than Bowtech did not allow for enough clearance for the cables to accomodate the fletching. I am usingstandard fletching and nothing out of the ordinary.

Shooting the bow is worthless having this issue if the arrowcan not fly straight from the start.

Am I missingsomething here? Is anyone else having the same problem with Bowtech?Any suggestions?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:57 PM

Default RE: Fletching hitting cables

ORIGINAL: TUNA.COM
I am now using 3.1 Quick Spins so turning the nock feather is not an option because it will rotate anyway.

Am I missingsomething here? Is anyone else having the same problem with Bowtech?Any suggestions?
Huh? Turn the nock so the cock fletch is out enough to allow clearance with the cables. Fletchings can't and don't start to spin the shaft until they are well clear of the bow,no matterwhat kind they are or how much helical is on them. Just watch that it doesn't start hitting the rest arm once you clear the cables, it's a tight tolerance but it does work.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 PM

I dont know about bowtechs but I can adjust the rail on my martin. If you can rotate it so that the angle goes outwards intead of up it might help. But then again I may not even know what I am talking about. Also.....may seem stupid but just to be sure.....you do have a rail slide right?
Old 12-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have this same exact problem on my 07 Guardian. I think I might have got it just right now though, very close clearance.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:15 PM

Went tothe shop todayand got it all fixed, although the clearance is still minimal. He moved the nocking point and the rest both in the same direction and also moved the rest to the left. Paper tuned perfect and shot well with some minor adjustments to the sites. Nock feather is nowdown andthis added more clearance because thecables taper away the higher up they go. If I had the nock feather up the lower right fletchingmight hit the cables. I still thinkBowtech should allow for more clearance.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TUNA.COM

Went tothe shop todayand got it all fixed, although the clearance is still minimal. He moved the nocking point and the rest both in the same direction and also moved the rest to the left. Paper tuned perfect and shot well with some minor adjustments to the sites. Nock feather is nowdown andthis added more clearance because thecables taper away the higher up they go. If I had the nock feather up the lower right fletchingmight hit the cables. I still thinkBowtech should allow for more clearance.
Having those cables pulled over to the size too far causes cam lean which creates MORE tuning problems. In essence, you can rotate that arrow shaft 120* in variation to try to find the best way to get clearance. I have my arrow so the cock-vane is about 10* to the right of straight up to get the clearance I need using blazers with my set-ups.

Just and FYI, paper-tuning isn't an "end-all" either. You may still end up having to move the rest back to the right to get BH's to hit w/ FP's, so it will be good to be able to twist your nocks a little to ensure clearance.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:46 AM
LGN

I have always shot blazers on all my BTs. The only rest that I will use is the Limbdriver by vapor trail. Ihavetried the RC but always encountered problems with the drop-away release rope frahing!! On the LD I have to shoot it with cock feather out. All center shots are perfect bullett holes. I have LDs on 2 tributes, 2 guardians, and 1 general. I'm going to get the admiral soon, and it will to have a LD rest.