HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Rest Preference (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/277671-rest-preference.html)

wahoohunter 12-09-2008 04:30 PM

Rest Preference

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what rest you all use/recommend. I'm getting suited up for a new Admiral shortly after Christmas and at my pro-shop the guy very, very highly recommends the hostage or hostage pro rest. I was wondering if this is really the best rest on the market or if there are others you all feel do a better job. Thanks for the insight.

bigcountry 12-09-2008 04:34 PM

RE: Rest Preference

I like hostage pro. But don't like the brush wear. I would go with the QAD ultra HD. I have had two of em. I like em.

KodiakArcher 12-09-2008 04:43 PM

Yeah, the wear on the Hostage rest was crap. If you want a full capture go to the Whisker Bisquit. If you're after a drop away the QAD that BC recommended is a good one.

SwampCollie 12-09-2008 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I like hostage pro. But don't like the brush wear. I would go with the QAD ultra HD. I have had two of em. I like em.
I agree with BC.... only I despise the hostage rests... great ideas... poorly made.

But the QAD HD is the bee's knees. Check out the thread I put up about setting up a QAD.... note the bow I used......;) its a perfect fit.

I finally got to play with a Limb Driver tonight. And save not having full containment, its a sweet deal. Its cake to set up... an oranguatan could set that thing up perfect while blindfolded and drunk.

brucelanthier 12-09-2008 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I finally got to play with a Limb Driver tonight. And save not having full containment, its a sweet deal. Its cake to set up... an oranguatan could set that thing up perfect while blindfolded and drunk.
That is the rest I like. The full containment has not been an issue with me and, yes, it is a sweet deal.

JoshKeller 12-09-2008 06:00 PM

If you shoot blazers, the regular hostage is a no go. Its not big enough. I currently shoot a trophy taker, and the Limbdriver has my attention as well.

SCBigBuckHunter 12-09-2008 06:17 PM

Limb Driver is my rest of choice. It was a breeze to set up and works great.

Warden41272 12-09-2008 07:42 PM

Trophy Taker. Trophy Taker. Trophy Taker. I really like this rest!

FSUBIGMAC 12-09-2008 07:50 PM

I can't really say much that hasn't been said yet. The hostage pro is a great cencept but poor design. The Qad HD offers full containment in a drop away. The LD is easy as pie to tune -- and yes -- an orangatang could put it on -- I did -- but I may qaulify under the Silver back gorilla category.

Swamp Collie -- when we gonna see you way of installing the LD -- like you did with the QAD?

MoNoFletch 12-09-2008 07:55 PM

DMI/G5 Expert II is the best drop away hands down!