Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rest Preference

Old 12-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rest Preference

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what rest you all use/recommend. I'm getting suited up for a new Admiral shortly after Christmas and at my pro-shop the guy very, very highly recommends the hostage or hostage pro rest. I was wondering if this is really the best rest on the market or if there are others you all feel do a better job. Thanks for the insight.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Rest Preference

I like hostage pro. But don't like the brush wear. I would go with the QAD ultra HD. I have had two of em. I like em.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:43 PM

Yeah, the wear on the Hostage rest was crap. If you want a full capture go to the Whisker Bisquit. If you're after a drop away the QAD that BC recommended is a good one.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I like hostage pro. But don't like the brush wear. I would go with the QAD ultra HD. I have had two of em. I like em.
I agree with BC.... only I despise the hostage rests... great ideas... poorly made.

But the QAD HD is the bee's knees. Check out the thread I put up about setting up a QAD.... note the bow I used...... its a perfect fit.

I finally got to play with a Limb Driver tonight. And save not having full containment, its a sweet deal. Its cake to set up... an oranguatan could set that thing up perfect while blindfolded and drunk.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I finally got to play with a Limb Driver tonight. And save not having full containment, its a sweet deal. Its cake to set up... an oranguatan could set that thing up perfect while blindfolded and drunk.
That is the rest I like. The full containment has not been an issue with me and, yes, it is a sweet deal.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you shoot blazers, the regular hostage is a no go. Its not big enough. I currently shoot a trophy taker, and the Limbdriver has my attention as well.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Limb Driver is my rest of choice. It was a breeze to set up and works great.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:42 PM

Trophy Taker. Trophy Taker. Trophy Taker. I really like this rest!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I can't really say much that hasn't been said yet. The hostage pro is a great cencept but poor design. The Qad HD offers full containment in a drop away. The LD is easy as pie to tune -- and yes -- an orangatang could put it on -- I did -- but I may qaulify under the Silver back gorilla category.

Swamp Collie -- when we gonna see you way of installing the LD -- like you did with the QAD?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

DMI/G5 Expert II is the best drop away hands down!

Quick Reply: Rest Preference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.