HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   " Fall away rest" for a Genesis (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/27676-fall-away-rest-genesis.html)

mlaubner 04-04-2003 10:27 AM

" Fall away rest" for a Genesis

I bought a Genesis bow for my young sons (and wife), to introduce them to archery. They all have taken to it very well and are very excited to go shooting, either with me or on their own. Sure beats the heck out of video games and cartoons! I havd looked at the NAP QT DA 4000, but found out it can only be used with an upper cable guard. The Genesis has a lower cable guard, and I really do not want to add an additional cable guard.
Does anyone have any suggestion or experience with other brands/models that may be suitable with the Genesis bow?
Thanks to all.

Deleted User 04-04-2003 11:51 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Rangeball 04-04-2003 12:45 PM

RE: " Fall away rest" for a Genesis

Take a look at the savage derringer quick draw. It uses the inertia from the release of the bowstring to free a spring loaded launcher arm held in place by a magnet. Launcher is dropped prior to fletching passing by, especially at the speeds you' re talking. As an added benefit, it just looks and mounts like a normal 2 prong type rest.

I' ve had one on my hunting bow for 2 years now, have never had a problem with it.

mlaubner 04-04-2003 01:01 PM

bowscout,
The ages of my 2 sons using the bow are 12 and 7. The 12 yr old has no problem with the bow while the 7 yr old only struggles slightly. I keep the bow limbs totally tightened. I have a Scott itty bitty goose which I have ordered a youth wrist strap for; they both will be able to share it. The release should make it easier to pull back as they won' t have the serving " cutting" into their fingers. That is the main complaint they have.
rangeball,
I will look into that one. I was hoping for one that my kids wouldn' t have to worry about the arrow coming off the rest. Something with a capture system, maybe?
Thank you for your responses.

IL_BOW_MAN 04-04-2003 01:11 PM

I am thinking you will have to go with an inertia rest such as the trap door or something on those lines. I don' t think you will have much luck with one that uses a string to the cable. With that bow, anybody can shoot it at different drawlengths. And if your wife has a longer draw than your boy, she could yank the string out or the rest won' t be up all the way for her.

Hope somebody else can help you more than me.

mlaubner 04-04-2003 01:45 PM

IL_BOW_MAN,
I hadn' t thought of that...you are right, I will have to get an inertia style.
I guess I should start looking into them. Who makes some of those?
Would the Golden Key Futura Power Drop work on the Genesis, in your opinion?

IL_BOW_MAN 04-04-2003 03:07 PM

That is a good question, maybe GKFTeck will check in on this and answer it for you. If not, shoot him an email, he will be happy to help you.

GKF Tech 04-05-2003 01:43 PM

Yes ...The Power Drop or Mirage may work on a Genesis after some work. it has that center shot riser like the old Sabow and Darton.
I hope to get one in soon.

but this is a smooth Shooting Bow...

IL check you Mail!

GKF Tech;)

ijimmy 04-05-2003 07:04 PM

due to the design of the genisis bow most prong and other type rest will not center shot corectly plungers work best on them , unless they changed the risor design for this years models

Arthur P 04-06-2003 10:56 AM

I' m thinking that putting a dropaway on a Genesis would be like putting hubcaps on a tractor. No reason for it. A basic rest, like an NAP Flipperest, would do just fine. Keep it simple.