Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help on holding pin(s) still.. >

Help on holding pin(s) still..

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help on holding pin(s) still..

Old 12-03-2008, 11:56 PM

Default RE: Help on holding pin(s) still..

ORIGINAL: drockw

Another way to help steady your pin is to shoot a stabilizer that around 8+" with a weight forward design. it will slow your pin movement down a bit as well.
The fuse Axium is great for that. I am putting the 4" Axium on the end of an 11.5" Octane for league and 3D. I should be in unlimited class, but there are no classes, so it doesn't matter.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:23 PM

Default RE: Help on holding pin(s) still..

Hello everyone, my first time here so I hope this is the right place to post this question. Does anyone have any little secretes on holding your pin steady? Thanks in advance for any help I get.
Make sure the bow is set up properly for you. Make sure the draw length is correct, and the draw weight is reasonable. Control your breathing. Don't tense your muscles. When I like to draw back, I like for my sight to start above the target, and drift down slowly until where I want to shoot. Then, I'll take the shot, or hold on the target if necessary.

If you don't have a stabilizer, try one. I don't like them, but some people do. I just use a limbsaver s-coil for vibration dampening.

Make sure your bow hand on the bow correctly. Don't clench your fingers around the grip. Let the bow rest into your hand. Having confidence in your shot is important also, KNOW you'll hit the target, don't wonder whether or not you will.

And, the most important, practice practice practice!!

Good luck.