Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrows and sweet idea! >

Arrows and sweet idea!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrows and sweet idea!

Old 11-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrows and sweet idea!

What a wuss, just climb the damn tree!!!!! Those are called snaro heads, they're designed for birds. They were on the ground but I once killed two doves at the same time by aiming between them. Broadhead adapters would be a whole lot cheaper than wasting a G5 striker.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

What a wuss,

Here we go pot calling the kettle black!Not like you have any snow covered trees in Florida to practice on....none in Texas either or I'd dunnit!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:16 PM

They're slikery suckers. If I thought I could jump onto the second story of the house from the tree if I fell, I would do it, but that is 15 horizontal yards away. I doubt I could make that jump.

Over the summer, we had a big storm come through the cities and one of my dad's friends, who lives quite a way south of the cities (1.5 hours) got hit pretty bad. Two trees went through his roof, another completely took out his porch, and there was a huge 20 foot limb barely hanging onto a tree about 60 vertical yards off the ground. Now, I am freakishly scared of heights, but they sent me up anyway with a 20" bar chainsaw. So here I am, 60 feet up a tree, holding on with one hand, and working a fairly large chainsaw with the other. I secured a rope and come-along and had at it with the saw. After about 3 minutes of cutting, the branch broke free and when it did, the tree swung violently. It was all I could do to hold on. Then I climbed down the tree. This was in the middle of summer and I was sweating like a wh0®e in church the entire time. Partially because it was 95°F and partially because I was about to soil myself. Not a fun experience.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Also, what are some good ways to slow your arrow down quickly? I think I might try to put duct tape on the broadhead for added wind resistance and more effective nest destruction. What do you guys think about that concept?
Try a bowfishing reel with 23 yards of string in it
Old 11-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda deceiving when it comes to heights! I climb 125"tower and doesn't look so bad from ground...get on top and 20mph wind moves it and you can feel it.We have a bix white X on ground...bonus point if you have to jump and hit it!
Old 11-29-2008, 04:26 PM

Smart. I actually have one of those. So, do you think I will be able to hold on after the shot? What are the chances that the arrow will come back and get me?
Old 11-29-2008, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Smart. I actually have one of those. So, do you think I will be able to hold on after the shot? What are the chances that the arrow will come back and get me?
Chances are very good. Just run after you shoot for more than one reason unless the hornetsare frozen.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:50 PM

Yea, they are all dead. I figured that I would have to try to dodge an arrow. Either I have to dodge one, or my grandma's neighbors will have to dodge one. Depending on the method.