Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Gold Tip arrows? >

Gold Tip arrows?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gold Tip arrows?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gold Tip arrows?

A "pro" shooter who has supposedly won many international tournaments was askin me about my set up and i mentioned that I shoot Gold Tip arrows. I have the 7595 spine and he said that I may be a little stiff because GT is notorious for having a little stiffer spine. He recommended that I try a 125 gr broadhead to see of that keeps my arrow from whipping around as much. Is this true about GT's?
Old 11-25-2008, 03:56 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Gold Tip arrows?

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

A "pro" shooter who has supposedly won many international tournaments was askin me about my set up and i mentioned that I shoot Gold Tip arrows. I have the 7595 spine and he said that I may be a little stiff because GT is notorious for having a little stiffer spine. He recommended that I try a 125 gr broadhead to see of that keeps my arrow from whipping around as much. Is this true about GT's?
GT's have had some bad batches to come out. They vary greatly in spine. But I have have had bad luck with carbon express too. Along with beman. I have a spine tester, so I can see fairly quick inconsistencies.

But all that said, I have a few batches of 7595 trads, and they are all pretty good. Maybe 3 out of 12 sucks. Which is pretty good compared to beman.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I understand that there are gonna be some flyers -- but thats just carbon arrows for ya. But aside from that -- the guy said that all GT arrows are a little stiff no matter the spine -- for instance the 5955 are a little stiff as are the 7595 -- any truth to that
Old 11-25-2008, 04:15 PM
bigcountry

Yeah I understand that there are gonna be some flyers -- but thats just carbon arrows for ya. But aside from that -- the guy said that all GT arrows are a little stiff no matter the spine -- for instance the 5955 are a little stiff as are the 7595 -- any truth to that
My 7595 trads are all .3" spined within reason as they should be. So only way to know is to spine them to see.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

BC: when ou do get an arrow that is not spinned as advertised do you send it back or the whole batch back? Just curious cause I have heard that most companys will replace an arrow that doesn't meet standards
Old 11-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just by using GT's own spine measurements the 5575 is a 400 spine. The 7595 is a 340 spine. I can't confirm this as I don't have a spine tester.

If you use the markings of the arrow a 5575 should be able to be shot from 55# to 75#. Yeah, but at what length and what cam system? And experience helping others as shown me and a lot like me that a 5575 can not be shot at even 70# when the length gets around 29" or more. They are underspined at these settings.

Same goes for the 7595. Do you honestly believe that a 340 spined arrow can be shot at 95#? I know better. And even if they are a true 300 spine that would be too limber.

So, based on everything I've run into the last few years I'd say, if anything, they are underspined as marked.

Now that doesn't really mean that they are under or overspined. It means they are not marked correctly for todays high performance bows. They should drop the numbers down about 10 points, making them a 4565 and a 6585 respectively.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

that makes sense too -- see it sucks for me because I could really go either way as far as arrows since I am on the edge of each -- I am shooting 68# at 31 in arrow which makes me barely a 7595 by GT's charts
Old 11-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

FSUbigmac, you definietely need the 7595's for your draw weight and length.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:37 PM

that makes sense too -- see it sucks for me because I could really go either way as far as arrows since I am on the edge of each -- I am shooting 68# at 31 in arrow which makes me barely a 7595 by GT's charts
Get your butt into the gym so you can crank those limbs all the way down!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: archer 2

FSUbigmac, you definietely need the 7595's for your draw weight and length.
I agree 100 %.

Quick Reply: Gold Tip arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.