Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 new arrows? need help >

new arrows? need help

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new arrows? need help

Old 11-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default new arrows? need help

im needing some new arrows for my 60# fred bear lights out with a 28 inch draw. i currently have redhead carbon supreme arrows. they also say 250 on it. what does that mean? here is a pic of the arrows i have now

i would also like to try out the blazer vanes. i have a whisker biscuit rest. are blazer vanes good?
another thing. i am planning on buying lumenoks for the new arrows i get..........so can you give me suggestions on arrows???????
Old 11-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new arrows? need help

They don't make RH Supremes anymore... they are supreme lights now.

you can get them with blazers.

The ones you have look in OK shape... maybe consider getting them refletched?

A Lumenock for a Super nock or the lumenock standard lighted arrow nock will work in the arrows you have now.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

They don't make RH Supremes anymore... they are supreme lights now.

you can get them with blazers.

The ones you have look in OK shape... maybe consider getting them refletched?

A Lumenock for a Super nock or the lumenock standard lighted arrow nock will work in the arrows you have now.
ok well i have 6 arrows left. 3 with broadheads and 3 with field tips. the ones with field tips, the vanes are completely ripping off. could this be from my whisker biscuit?
what does the 250 mean?
can i buy kits to refletch my arrows?
are these arrows any good?
http://www.amazon.com/12-Gold-Trophy...133&sr=8-6
Old 11-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Spike

If you need some good help, and in need of some arrows, and a different rest, I like the Trophy Taker Pronghorn. I recommend Olde English Outfitters at Tipp City OH. and ask for Ken. He works on Mon., Tues.,and Wed.
Olde English Outfitters
480 East Ginghamsburg Road
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
Phone: (937) 667-3315
Store Hours
Mon. 11-8 Tue. 11-6
Wed. 11-6 Thur. 11-8
Fri. 11-6 Sat. 9-5
Closed Sunday
Old 11-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

The 250 is how carbon express labels their arrows for spine. The 250's spine rating is .390.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

ok well i have 6 arrows left. 3 with broadheads and 3 with field tips. the ones with field tips, the vanes are completely ripping off. could this be from my whisker biscuit?
Yes, and it probably is from your whisker bicuit. you are barking up the right tree by considering blazers, they hold up better through a WB.

what does the 250 mean?
As archer explained, 250 is the arbitrary number assigned to that particular model of arrow to reflect a deflection of .390.

yes you can. In fact, there are several good choices that don't require anything more than a pot of hot water to adhere new vanes to your shafts. Quickfletch (by NAP) and extreme archery both have products that will suit your needs. You can if you choose purchase a fletching jig, but thats a more complicated deal.

Honestly I can't say. There is so little information given about them. You need to know what spine/stiffness you'll need. What # are you shooting, what is your draw length? That company selling those arrows doesn't know the difference between the model and maker of the arrows, I would consider purchasing arrows through a reputable dealer. If you select the wrong spine of arrow, you can have pretty poor flight and results. In extreme cases of too weak a spine, you could even put an arrow through your arm... I say this because this ALMOST happened to me when I was young and dumb and bought arrows at wal-mart. (I shot 30-50 thunderstorms arrows at 28" off my hoyt ultra tec at 29.5" draw and 73#s... I killed 6 deer with one of those things... and never had it break... I got extremely lucky.... they sure were fast though.....
Old 11-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Up A Tree

If you need some good help, and in need of some arrows, and a different rest, I like the Trophy Taker Pronghorn. I recommend Olde English Outfitters at Tipp City OH. and ask for Ken. He works on Mon., Tues.,and Wed.
[align=center]Olde English Outfitters
480 East Ginghamsburg Road
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
Phone: (937) 667-3315
[/align] [align=center]Store Hours
Mon. 11-8 Tue. 11-6
Wed. 11-6 Thur. 11-8
Fri. 11-6 Sat. 9-5
Closed Sunday[/align]

thanks man i might look into that
Old 11-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

Yes, and it probably is from your whisker bicuit. you are barking up the right tree by considering blazers, they hold up better through a WB.

what does the 250 mean?
As archer explained, 250 is the arbitrary number assigned to that particular model of arrow to reflect a deflection of .390.

yes you can. In fact, there are several good choices that don't require anything more than a pot of hot water to adhere new vanes to your shafts. Quickfletch (by NAP) and extreme archery both have products that will suit your needs. You can if you choose purchase a fletching jig, but thats a more complicated deal.

Honestly I can't say. There is so little information given about them. You need to know what spine/stiffness you'll need. What # are you shooting, what is your draw length? That company selling those arrows doesn't know the difference between the model and maker of the arrows, I would consider purchasing arrows through a reputable dealer. If you select the wrong spine of arrow, you can have pretty poor flight and results. In extreme cases of too weak a spine, you could even put an arrow through your arm... I say this because this ALMOST happened to me when I was young and dumb and bought arrows at wal-mart. (I shot 30-50 thunderstorms arrows at 28" off my hoyt ultra tec at 29.5" draw and 73#s... I killed 6 deer with one of those things... and never had it break... I got extremely lucky.... they sure were fast though.....
my draw length is 28 and the poundage is at 60.
i will look up some more info on those arrows
Old 11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is another link to a site about the arrows
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=424117

will you look on this website here and reccommend anything?
http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Carbon-Arrows/carbon-arrows-main-list.htm

(what do the numbers mean after availability mean?)
Old 11-17-2008, 12:37 PM

Of those on the list, I liked the Carbon Force Black Mamba and the Carbon Force Predator. Both have a consistency of ±.003, which is twice as consistent as the Gold Tips you found on Amazon.com. For a similar price, you can get Carbon Xpress Maximas, which are the same consistency as the Carbon Forces I recommended. I think you should consider Carbon Xpress in addition to these. The only advantage you get out of the ones on Amazon is the price. You cannot buy a dozen new complete arrows at a pro shop for that price.

Quick Reply: new arrows? need help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.