Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 OK Bowtech Guys i put on a new string and cables >

OK Bowtech Guys i put on a new string and cables

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OK Bowtech Guys i put on a new string and cables

Old 11-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default OK Bowtech Guys i put on a new string and cables

what do you all do to sync your Binary cams.....i put on new strings and cables and want to get this thing synced....i have heard that the dot deal is not the best way so what do you do? Greg can you help shed some light
its a 2008 Guardian
Old 11-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OK Bowtech Guys i put on a new string and cables

Draw the bow and watch the rotation of the camsand twist or untwista particularcam's cable to sync them up.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Draw the bow and watch the rotation of the camsand twist or untwista particularcam's cable to sync them up.
Which requires a drawing board if you're going to do it yourself.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

I have a hook on my ceiling joist in my basement shop. I put the string on that and pull the bow down. Not as easy as a draw board but effective, at least for me. I can look at the cams while rasing and lowering, even in small amounts. You just have to make sure you are paying attention to the rollover on the way back up LOL
Old 11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
bigcountry

I have a hook on my ceiling joist in my basement shop. I put the string on that and pull the bow down. Not as easy as a draw board but effective, at least for me. I can look at the cams while rasing and lowering, even in small amounts. You just have to make sure you are paying attention to the rollover on the way back up LOL
Exactly, a drawing board will work, but who wants to store something that big when its a simple procedure to sync them.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:04 PM

I've got a similar setup but it's mounted on a post support with a lightweight boat crank bolted to the bottom of the post. Bow goes on the hook, crank gets attached with a piece of release rope to the "D" loop. That way I can stop cranking and examine things at any point in the draw cycle, much like a draw board. (And no scary jump at the cam roll-over!)
Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a similar setup but it's mounted on a post support with a lightweight boat crank bolted to the bottom of the post. Bow goes on the hook, crank gets attached with a piece of release rope to the "D" loop. That way I can stop cranking and examine things at any point in the draw cycle, much like a draw board. (And no scary jump at the cam roll-over!)
Now there's some food for thought. A vertical draw board. That just might work in my cramped little space .
Old 11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

OK guys that makes sense now how do you know what cable to twist what way....do you use some kind of referance on the cams to make sure they are in sync? or do you just measure both cams during the draw cycle then make an adjustment and do it all over again to see if you need to go more or less?...how is the process on this
Old 11-21-2008, 04:10 PM

You'll have to think it through when you look at it but putting more twists in the cable shortens it. See which needs to be shortened, let down, press it, put a couple twists in it, unpress it, draw it back and check it again... back and forth until you get it right. It really helps if you've got a quality press. Once you get some experience with it you'll get an idea of how many twists it's going to take to move it one way or another but as with all things, the learning curve is steepest in the beginning.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I'm just now getting to ya, but looks like the guys have handled it for me. I agree, I ensure the timing on my bows is correct by simply pulling down on it while it's on my Coffey digital scale. I can pull as much or little as I need to and back it off ever-so-slightly before the cables contact the stops to see which one's hitting first or eventually to ensure they're both contacting the stops (or just shy of it, ideally)

Look at these pictures and they should tell you everything you need to know about syncing your bow's cams; admittedly, they're taken using an Allegiance, but the same principles apply.

Quick Reply: OK Bowtech Guys i put on a new string and cables

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.