Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Stupid question about DL >

Stupid question about DL

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stupid question about DL

Old 11-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stupid question about DL

ORIGINAL: yajsab

Swamp probably covered it, but here is the info you need.

You need module change and draw stop setting. If your bow came set up with 25" and your friend just moved the draw stop without changing the module, then all you need to do is change the draw stop back to where it suppose to. Otherwise, you'll need to change the module. Check the module # against this chart and see if you have the correct module. Then set the draw stop.

http://www.diamondarchery.com/downloads/DMD08_ModPost.pdf
That is excellent logic, and thank you for pulling the mod chart... thats a huge help.

Rem girl it depends on how competent your friend was with archery equipment if he removed the mod or not... lots of folks see that post and instantly assume thats how the draw is controlled.

Easiest way to tell if he changed it... in addition to checking that mod chart, is to just draw the bow... if the stop is NOT hitting the limb.... then he just moved the post... all you have to do is loosen the set and slide it a bit closer to #1 and you are right back where you were.... you might even see some markings from your bolt where it was before he moved it.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:41 PM

The advantages of working in a shop where you can see the bow. I was going on memory. My bad. Listen to SC, he knows what he is doing.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok we managed to change the DL to 24" but theres a slight problem i think.

You know when i draw the bow it doesn't get to its full drawn cycle. Where i anchor im holding a bit more of the weight than i should. Is that ok? I know when it was at 26" i felt like it wouldn't spring forward as it was fully drawn.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:01 AM

That's a matter of getting the draw stop adjusted correctly. If you move the draw stop in the direction that would increase the draw length slightly it will allow the cam to come into full rotation and get the let-off it was designed to give. That's why you have to change the modules to manipulate draw length and not just move the stop. They have to be adjusted in concert with one another (change the module, move the stop) according to the chart yajsab posted. The modules move you in 1/2" DL increments and the stop can only tweak the draw length about 1/4" one way or another before it starts affecting the let-off.