Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What size of peep? >

What size of peep?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What size of peep?

Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default What size of peep?

I'm thinking of getting a G5 LE Optix sight and was wondering what size of G5 meta peep I should get?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What size of peep?

General rule of thumb I use.... if your peep bracket is under 2" in diameter, go with 3/16. If it is 2" or greater... then go for 1/4".

Also, if you shoot with one eye closed.... I'd go with 1/4".
Old 11-15-2008, 12:24 PM

3/16'' G5 Meta Peep on my bow with Tru Glow Xtreme sight, good alignment.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's a matter of personal opinion for the most part, whether or not you use a kisser or not, angle of string, etc, personally like a 3/16, but for target shooting, a 1/8 can make a guy deadly as well. But a 1/8 is too difficult to see out of for hunting at low light. I learned that the hard way. If my peep won't match the pin housing when I look through it, I'm instantly thrown off, and likely to make a bad shot, therefore, I'm still in the stone-age of tubed peeps.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:46 PM

I wished that I had a tube on this past weekend. I think the cold weather is having an effect on my strings and then the D-loop gets loose and moves. Coulda, woulda, shoulda....
Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 PM

Why would you switch to one of those overpriced G5 sights? Stick with your HHA!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I wished that I had a tube on this past weekend. I think the cold weather is having an effect on my strings and then the D-loop gets loose and moves. Coulda, woulda, shoulda....
Bryce,
I'll never be without one on my bow. I know guys say you loose speed, and "good strings" don't stretch/twist, but I'd rather not take my chances, and I know for a Fact that WC stretch and twist, and Vapor Trails do a little as well, not a lot, but just a little, but if I'm looking through and oblong, rather than my nice round circle, I'm instantly irritated and wondering how accurate I'm going to be.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:24 AM

That is one thing that I cannot stand. I know that my Vapor Trails twist a little and I think that it partially caused by the rapid change in temp from the warm cabin to the cold stand and back again. The speed thing is the main reason that I am going without. I was hoping to get all the stretch out of the string by now, but I guess not.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

That is one thing that I cannot stand. I know that my Vapor Trails twist a little and I think that it partially caused by the rapid change in temp from the warm cabin to the cold stand and back again. The speed thing is the main reason that I am going without. I was hoping to get all the stretch out of the string by now, but I guess not.
It's worth loosing 5-10fps if it means that you'll have a nice 130" buck in the bed of your truck, rather than a missed opportunity because that $&*@#!% peep twisted on you and you couldn't get that shot!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 AM

I'm starting to feel that way.

Quick Reply: What size of peep?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.