HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   what kind of quiver with HHA site? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/273164-what-kind-quiver-hha-site.html)

Kelly/KY 11-12-2008 09:31 AM

what kind of quiver with HHA site?

Guys, I'm switching sights, potentially, and wanted to see if anyone has a removeable quiver attached to their bow with the HHA sight on it. The reason I ask is that I current have the one piece octane quiver on my bow and really like it, but it is screwed onto my spot hogg sight. If I switch to the HHA with it's lever system, I will not have the mounting option. I really want a removeable option as I don't like to shoot with a quiver on.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly

Dopler 11-12-2008 04:05 PM

RE: what kind of quiver with HHA site?

HHA's, come with aquivermouting bracket that extends overthe sight. The only downside is your sight's going to stick way out from your bow, it looks funny and it throws the balance of your bow way off. They other option is to put an extention bracket onbut then the drawback is that it blocks your range readout on your sight. Best thing to do is go with a two peice quiver or go with a rancho safaricat quiver and take your quiver off your bow altogether.

See my sight below in signature. I also have two Spot Hogg Hogg it's and the HHA is really growing on me, love the one pin and it's as bright as can be.

Black Stick 11-12-2008 06:19 PM

I use the octane 1 piece, but in order to be able to get the maximum use out of my sight, I had to use 1" extenders and be careful not to put the screw in too far or I could only shoot out to 40 yards. If you set it up right, it will work perfectly.

TE 11-12-2008 06:50 PM

Check out the PSE Top Gun One-Piece 4 arrow Quiver. It easily mounted on my HHA OL 5000 sight. I used 5/8" spacers to attach the mounting bracket to the sight bracket. I used the same HHA sight and quiver bracket from my Hoyt Trykon XL to my new Hoyt Katera XL. The same quick-tach bracket has worked great for 3 years now and has always stayed tight. I don't like to shoot with a quiver on my bow either and this setup works great for me. There is still room to adjust my sight slider all the way to the top. Good Luck on your choice. Terry.

davs2601 11-12-2008 07:39 PM

I have the kwikee three arrow quiver on my bow with my hha sight. Everything fits well and there is plenty of room to adjust my sight

300ultramagshooter 11-14-2008 10:41 PM

I use a FUSE quiver on my Hoyt with a HHA sight just used the spacers that came with my sight

BGfisher 11-15-2008 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: davs2601

I have the kwikee three arrow quiver on my bow with my hha sight. Everything fits well and there is plenty of room to adjust my sight
Ditto with the 3 arrow quiver. This keeps things light enough that the balance isn't off that much. Of course I remove it once in the tree anyway. Point being that like many people I hunt morning and evening for a few hours most of the time. If I need more than three arrows then I really think I need to rethink my hunting and practice regamine (spelling). Honestly I can't remember the last time I took three shots in a season.

As for the HHA sight? I think they are one of the finest hunting sights you can find. One criteria is that the guard (hood) protects the pin and fiber better than any other sight going.

Black Stick 11-17-2008 10:58 PM

If you have a metal stand, the Octane quiver is great because you can stick it to the stand. Super convenient and quiet.