Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 one pin out to 40 >

one pin out to 40

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

one pin out to 40

Old 11-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: one pin out to 40

Thats nuts
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

its a pse commercial i believe where one of the t.v. hunters says "i can shoot one pin out to 40 yards" you can do it and hunt that way. even at 320 fps with my target setup i can only get my 20-30 to be the same setting. after about30 it starts falling out and i have to adjust mysight.
Derek
Old 11-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

I use only one pin on my Guardian. Its shooting 289fps. I shoot my one pin consistently out to 70yds. I would never take a deer out that far but do practice it alot. My one pin is dead on at thirty, at 10 its 1 1/2 high and at fourty its 2 in low. To say that he uses one pin out to fourty and doesnt adj i would say is unlikely, but if you practice it alot its all instinct as were to put the pin.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brad_vanderband1

I use only one pin on my Guardian. Its shooting 289fps. I shoot my one pin consistently out to 70yds. I would never take a deer out that far but do practice it alot. My one pin is dead on at thirty, at 10 its 1 1/2 high and at fourty its 2 in low. To say that he uses one pin out to fourty and doesnt adj i would say is unlikely, but if you practice it alot its all instinct as were to put the pin.
Impressive, BUT even at 400 fps you'd have about 5" of drop between 30 and 40yds!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

well, i must be a magician then, cause i obviously dont know what my bow does....
Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brad_vanderband1

well, i must be a magician then, cause i obviously dont know what my bow does....
Or "Full of something????"

Here's a ballistic calculator, you can try it out your self if you like??? http://home.att.net/~sajackson/ballistics.html Half the drop numbers, because that table consider a bow shot parallel to the ground, not angle up like we do as archers, and you'll get some good numbers that may help you understand why I'm calling BS. At 500fpsyou can get down around 2.5" or between 30 and 40.

Or if you like, you can get a free trial copy of OnTarget2 at.... http://www.pinwheelsoftware.com/ .