Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Adjusting Cam Lean on T-29 (Old model) >

Adjusting Cam Lean on T-29 (Old model)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Adjusting Cam Lean on T-29 (Old model)

Old 10-26-2008, 08:17 PM

Default Adjusting Cam Lean on T-29 (Old model)

Need some help with tuning. Had the string and cable replaced on my bow and haven't been able to get a bullet hole in paper tuning since. According to the tear (tip left/ fletch right) and adjusting the arrow rest to the extreme left (1 3/16" Far cry from the innitial 13/16" starting point away from the riser) I still have an slight point left/fletch right tear. I've read a lot about cam lean and checking it with an arrow. Where should the the end of the arrow line up in corrolation with the string from both the idler wheel and the cam? As of right now, the center of the end of the arrow is directly in-line (inside the string) at the nock point measuring from the idler wheel. The end of the arrow is about 3/16 to 1/4 " away from the string measuring from the cam. Anybody know how to adjust?
Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Adjusting Cam Lean on T-29 (Old model)

Really, you need a good laser to adjust idler wheel lean. I have a spot Hogg laser alignment tool. You can then see how much out of wack the lean is. You want to test this at full draw, and at rest and split the difference.

You use the yokes to adjust the lean.

As far as center goes, you really want to be looking at the bow from behind and use the cam as reference, and it should be centered there with an arrow on. In othe words, if it is a single cam bow, look at the bottom cam as reference to make sure the bow string is centered, and then look up at the arrow and see if the tip is centered with teh string. Right now, you will see the tip way to the left.

It sounds as if you either have the wrong spine or you went way in the wrong direction. Try moving back towards the riser. Your arrow now is whipping.

One shouldn't have to move a rest very far to get a good tear. Only like 1/8" max. After that, its the arrow spine.
Happy now?