HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Full containment drop aways (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/269332-full-containment-drop-aways.html)

petrey10 10-22-2008 07:58 AM

Full containment drop aways

What is everybody's favorite full containment drop away rest I am switching from the whisker biscuit and need some help deciding.

BOWHUNTER818 10-22-2008 08:12 AM

RE: Full containment drop aways

Go with either the QAD rest or the RipCord...those are the two best alot of people are going to say the limbDriver it seems to be pretty popular on here..all three are really nice Rests cant go wrong with any of them..

BH818

stalkingbear 10-22-2008 09:03 AM

I too switched from whisker biscuit and went to dropaway rest. The whisker biscuit used to be my "go to" rest and every time I would try a new dropaway I would go back to whisker biscuit. Now,I have QAD on my bow and it's going to stay there no matter what else comes out. Easily mounted/tuned/adjusted,no speed loss,full capture,you can cock it up ahead of time,it will only drop upon firing-not during letdown,durable,won't bounce back up and smack arrow,good precision,excellent arrow support-what's NOT to love about it?

drockw 10-22-2008 09:38 AM

I will be getting a limbdriver on my new 101st airborne. im ready to see how well it performs. ive heard good stuff about it.

SwampCollie 10-22-2008 10:26 AM

I haven't ever tinkered with a limbdriver, so the only think I can say about it is that I'm not really wild about having another super long cord running up the bow. I am not totally sure about how it attaches, but hopefully it is very secure and "hunter proof".

I have been using QADs (first the hunter, now the LD, and on the new Admiral its going to be an HD), and I have nothing but good things to say about them. There have been times, in working on my own and customers, that I've had some issues with them, but its really not much different than a semi-auto shotgun.... once you get familar with it, and understand how it works, it is extremely adjustable and user friendly. I wouldn't use anything else.

The Outdoorsman 10-22-2008 10:44 AM

stalkingbear 10-22-2008 10:52 AM

What kind of shop do you work at/own swampcollie?

petrey10 10-22-2008 11:22 AM

is the limbdriver a full containment rest??? cause I am not seeing it

peregordusmc 10-22-2008 11:26 AM

Im going to get the limb driver when i get my new bow andno the limb driver is not a full containment rest.

petrey10 10-22-2008 11:32 AM

hmmm funny how that showed up on a full containment post.....:)