Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight >

Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight

Old 10-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Treelimb quiver and HHA Optimizer sight

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Thats exactly what you'll need to do. Most bow shops will have a coffee can full of spacers and screws of various sizes. In the past, I have even had to manufacture spacers out of (brilliant really) cut down pieces of carbon arrow shafts. Trick is not breaking the shaft..... but there are plenty of spacers made specifically for what you trying to accomplish.
I used a piece of BLACK small bore 1/4" PVC pipe to set up one of my bows this same way, Not sure I'd use arrow shaft though, you could probably run to your local hardware store and get a great assortment of things to do the job, nice little rubber bushings would probably be great, but when I had this stuff laying around, it was perfect for my needs.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Last night I used the spacers that came with the Sight. I used a 1 1/2" screw with 10-32 threading. It will work but I do not like the fact that the quiver sits so high off the riser. I really like the quiver but may have to go back to my two piece Mathews quiver or do something like Bigbulls did,
Old 10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you want a riser call me sometime next week. I have a few at the store and they aren't expensive.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Bigbulls,

I believe that is the only setup I am willing to do. Will PM you
Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: midsouth_hunter

Thanks guys. I found the spacers that came with the sight. Just now I have to find longer screws. Gotta head to Lowes tomorrow. Do not really like the quiver to sit that high off the riser but that is all I can do. Called a Mathews dealer because I have that brand of bow and all he could tell me was that the Mathews quiver mounts on the riser and not on the sight.
The Mathews T5 quiver is really the best option if you have a Mathews bow, I consider it the best quiver on the market today. The treelimb is a very close second to it though and since I sold my Drenalin I am now switching to a treelimb for my Guardian.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:18 AM

I used the spacers that came with he sight to mount my Octane quiver. It worked, but the bow is war off balance because the quiver sticks out so far. I cannot shoot with it on.

Bigbulls, does this option that you are suggesting solve this problem? Please try to set an octane quiver up on that bow, shot it, and tell me if it feels balanced. If it does, I will buy one from you as well.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

I also have the Optimizer on my bow. The set up Big Bullshas ispretty cool butthe arrows still block or at leasthinderaccess tothe windage wheel ifyou're still hunting and need to get off a long shot quickly?

I have a tree limb quiver on mine and just used the spacer andthe longer screws provided in the HHA sight kit; however, I use a cat backquiver whenever possible and try not to have the quiver on the bow period.

One thing to be careful with these HHA sights which is there only big problem and that's to protect the fiberoptic pin as it's easily broken with a branch due to the exposed nature of the pin. I put a lens kit on for the sole purpose of protecting that pin.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 AM

I put a lens kit on to help me see that monster buck at 70+ yards.