Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What would you do? >

What would you do?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What would you do?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 PM

Default What would you do?

Buy GT pro hunters or maximas.
What is your thought on the camo wrap they put on them, not a difference worth worrying about or is it.
Thanx
Old 10-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Default RE: What would you do?

I don't personally think the camo wrap is worth having - except maybe if you are a turkey hunter. Or you just think it looks cool. I would personally prefer the maximas over the Gold Tips. I consider the CEMaximas and the Easton Axis to be the best hunting arrows out there. Not that Gold Tips are junk.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:52 PM

If you ask me, Maxima's are nearly the cream of the crop. I love them, best carbon arrow, IMO

I don't like camo wrap either. I don't see the point of a camo arrow, for starters, it's going to be that much harder to find on the forest floor (or your yard, or anywhere for that matter), secondly, like the camo actually helps hide it... right... i'll never believe it helps.

That is just my opinion. I can't offer any evidence to support my claims, but it's what I think. Take it for what it's worth (and that's not much).
Old 10-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Fork Horn

Asfar as camo goes,I dont think the camo matters. Especially if you are going to put wraps on like alot of people. It doesnt make much sense to worry about having camo arrows and then wrapping 1/3 of it in white with white vanes or some other bright color. As for the arrows, I cant speak for the GT's, but the CX are very nice.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Ihave been using the GT's for 4 years now.

I have yet to find a bent one ,heavy one or a light one.

All in all a good solid product.

I have not tried the other arrows you asked about so I cannot on them.

I like a light color wrap/cresting, just to make examining the blood on the arrow easier.

good luck