Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Rage 2 blade...what to expect >

Rage 2 blade...what to expect

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rage 2 blade...what to expect

Old 10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Spike

Default Rage 2 blade...what to expect

Igot my bow tuned and was having a hard time shooting fixed blades. So i gave a few mechanicals a try and they flew excellent so i picked up the rage 2 blades.

My question is my bow is set up at 60lbs, its a high country machined supreme. What can i expect from this setup? i see there is alot about getting pass throughs or not. Am i likely to get a pass through. If not is theis the blood trail still good with the broadhead still in the deer?

By the way i aiming to shoot mainly for around 20 yards probaby no more than 30.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage 2 blade...what to expect

big hole, dead deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

My nephew and I both shot bucks this fall with the Rage 2 blade. Both were pass through shots but both arrows hung up on the fletching on the back side of the deer and fell out after the deer traveled approx 50 yds. Both deer were shot well and both travelled about 150 yds total. This is the exit wound on bothdeer.
We are both shooting right at 62#.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea...what BOWHUNTERCOP said...

heres a pic of what it did to a tom i shot last fall....

Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen entrance holes from friends shooting rages...Nasty and good blood trails.I did this with a 3 blade 125 grain Muzzy a couple days ago!You can see whats left of shaft poking out,spine at other end and no tracking!

Old 10-18-2008, 01:40 PM

I shoot a 60 lb. bow with the Rage 2 blade - and had the chance to test them on two big mulie bucks last year. One was a pass through and the other stopped in the off shoulder. Both deer were only able to go about 50 yards after the shot.

One of my buddies had a whitetail buck jump the string on him last fall and wound up with a center gut shot. This buck also was on the ground in about 50 yards - apparently hit some big artery in the paunch area.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:14 PM

As for Mech. heads. Rage Grimm Reaper, and other name brands. If the hit is well placed there will be no issue of recovery. But i must say that the rage 2 blade can make up for a not so good hit. Do to the amount of damage it does and the amont of hemoraging. this by no means should let someone think they can take the risk of making a bad shot. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

With your setup and within 30 yards on deer don't worry-they will passthru unless you bust a shoulder. With good hits,they will leave a bloodtrail a blind man could follow.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 AM
Spike

Thats what i like to hear. Also excellent pictures.I will no doubt be taking shots within 30 yards and probably more like 20. Not that i cant shot further, i just feel more comfortable knowing at that range i can pin point my shot alot better. Now i just have to actually see a deer to take a shot at. Its only the third day of the season here but i havent seen a single deer in range. However, i've been practicing on targets as well as small game. Squirrel hunting with a compound can be challenging but for me it is alot of fun.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

they make some crazi big holes in animals...try the slick tricks..they shoot well out of fast bows

Quick Reply: Rage 2 blade...what to expect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.