Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 So whats the deal here? >

So whats the deal here?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

So whats the deal here?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So whats the deal here?

ORIGINAL: Dryridge

Sorry, I know this is just more Maybe's but it is trial and error>

Dave
Oh yeah..... thats the name of the game.... all I'm trying to do is error less and with fewer tries.

Mikey;

My Iron Mace just has faux carbon fiber side plates.... so I'm already shooting right off the riser. It comes with Winner's Choice strings and cables, and I am a believer in changing strings every two years.... maybe I ought to make it every year. $75 is cheap in the great scheme of things. And I'm waiting to see what the big three put out for 09.... I've got a burr in my saddle for an admiral... and the SWAT I saw the other day won't too shabby either... I'll see what Mathews puts out.... but I might replace the bow before replacing the string... just simply to spoil myself! I do like to tinker.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:40 AM

Default RE: So whats the deal here?

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!!!

I just reread your last previous post about the TILLER issue and Let apologize. For some reason that went right over my head. The low grip sunk in and apparently I started thinking about any issues from the past with that and darn if that tiller tuning didn't just go out the window.

That said, I think you are on the right track. Still could be a string and cable issue but instead of new just tune up what you got. And forgive my stupidity on the grip. I thought that was a real griip on those, not side plates. One tip. Once you get it tiller tuned it will not really do much good to recall andreset it at those measurements because as you know the cam timing changes with any twisting of the cable which will in turn change the tiller. So, it will be a constant tinker, but hey, that should be right up our alley!!!! Lastly, I had a High Country that did the same thing and it did it continually. I mean every time I shot the thing and put it up I had to ReTime it. It go so monotonous I just carried a limb bolt allen wrench in my pocket and set it with them. Once they got cranked down too tight I would loosen them and ctwist up my cables/string and start over. My hunting buddy said that was just stupidity to keep dealing with that bow......He just didn't understand how addicting tinkering can be!!!

Materials are much better now and I bet you will not see another change in a while.

You are doing just fine in figuring this stuff out. Thanks for making this old dog feel somewhat useful again anyway.

Good Luck in the woods,

Dave