Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazers! tuchy when shooting! >

Blazers! tuchy when shooting!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazers! tuchy when shooting!

Old 10-10-2008, 03:39 PM

Default Blazers! tuchy when shooting!

This is the first time i have ever shot blazers starting last sunday i been shooting a bow for 14 years and i have never been this inconsitent , somtime the arrow fly stright and sometimes it dose not ! there all idenacale. has this happen to anyone eles,

befor i shot with 4 inch fethers and i was dead on everytime!

bigal!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:13 PM

Default RE: Blazers! tuchy when shooting!

If it isn't consistent from shot to shot then either the arrows don't match (fletch contact/alignment going through rest is the usual culprit) or it's the indian behind the bow. Properly fletched Blazers do a fine job of stabilizing a well shot arrow.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:14 AM

I just switched to blazers as well and had the same problem. This is what I found because I shoot the whisker bisquit with the biggest hole in the middel I found the higher profile Blazer was striking the frame on the bisquit so I switched back to the 4" low profile fletch and I am shooting darts out to 40 yards again with no problems (3"groups at 40 yards).
Gene
Old 10-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like fletching contact to me. Try turning them until they do not hit anything. I had the same problem. Now I shoot the cock vane down and have no clearance issues.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Somethings wrong grasshopper... I hunt and shoot 3D with blazers.. Sounds like contact somewhere.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:47 PM

thanks guys thats what i been working on i know there was contect somewere.

bigal
Old 10-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the first time i have ever shot blazers starting last sunday i been shooting a bow for 14 years and i have never been this inconsitent , somtime the arrow fly stright and sometimes it dose not ! there all idenacale. has this happen to anyone eles,

before i shot with 4 inch fethers and i was dead on everytime!
Im having the same issue, now im thinking about going back to the 4 inch vanes.
]

Sounds like fletching contact to me. Try turning them until they do not hit anything. I had the same problem. Now I shoot the cock vane down and have no clearance issues.
cock vane down wouldnt that bottom vane be hitting the black part of the rest that is supposed to be stiffer?,,,what i was told was always cock vane up.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: finner

before i shot with 4 inch fethers and i was dead on everytime!
Im having the same issue, now im thinking about going back to the 4 inch vanes.
]

cock vane down wouldnt that bottom vane be hitting the black part of the rest that is supposed to be stiffer?,,,what i was told was always cock vane up.
Yes, when using the Biscuit, cock vane should ALWAYS beup.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny you mentioned this, I went from 4 in vains, to blazers, and they were all over the damn place. Now i went to 4 in feathers and they shoot awesome, i love em.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:01 PM

I've used both Blazers and feathers; I've shot my best groups (broadheads included) with Blazers.

Quick Reply: Blazers! tuchy when shooting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.