Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Blazers! tuchy when shooting! >

Blazers! tuchy when shooting!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazers! tuchy when shooting!

Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 AM

Default RE: Blazers! tuchy when shooting!

I was at a local Dick's Sporting Goods the other day and I guy brought in a BowTec General with a Shaky Hunter on it and Arrows complete w/Blazers. He told the guy behind the counter he would like to have it "fine Paper tuned". The guy said he knew nothing about bows.....which by the way was funny because he had just given a guy advice on which bow to purchase and why. The guy was putting the new bow on plastic as he spoke and shot the counter guy an unforgiving glance then struck an interesting conversation on why he gave advice on something he knew nothing about......Anyway, the young man with the BT was told to bring it back Sat. as the "Bow Guy" worked Saturday.....I doubted this as it was the bowseason opener her in WV.

That said, I asked the guy what was going on. He said he shot through paper and got a bad left tear and moved the rest to the right which fixed it, but the rest was now too far right. I asked if he cared if I looked at his setup...no, he didn't mind. I nocked an arrow, pulled the rest rope by hand and eyeballed the lineup. He wasn't kidding it was WAAAAAAAAY right. I looked closer and saw there was no way the blazers would get by the cables as they were carried so far inside the guard. Each fletch facing that way was marked deeply. I then explained he had caused the arrows to come out of the bow so far to the right that it was counteracting and bummed a couple allens off of "counter guy". I lined him up. Turned his fletch and had him go to the parking lot where we bummed a box and some sale fliers. We got near perfect tears first thing. We then lined up the rest of the nocks to clear the fletch and I sent him off with a handshake and "good luck saturday".

Glad I can still help folks with what I have worked so hard to learn over the decades.

Bottomline Blazers are too tall for most setups without special turning or tuning.

Dryridge
Old 10-22-2008, 03:31 PM

So, when using the WB, you should always have the cock vane up? That does explain a lot for me.........guess I should read the instructions on it. I just recently switched to the WB. Thank you!!!

Yep....helps to read!

http://www.trophyridge.com/tips-tricks/
Old 10-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot blazers on 3 different bows 2 different( no wb rest)style rest and have zero problems to the point I have no qualms picking any of the bows up and shooting,they all tuned with nom problems going from 4" duravanes to Blazers or Predators.I never have had problems with them coming off either using super glue gel.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Spike

I switched to the blazers not long ago and have had no problems, I like them alot.. I do not use the biscuit..
Old 11-13-2008, 04:36 PM

i've been using blazers for a long time now and never had a problem one,meaning i get good groups with them, could be you have some vane contact