Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 F@#$@n whisker biscuit >

F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 PM

Default F@#$@n whisker biscuit

frigin thing has ripped my blazers off all but one arrow, and i got them refletched 2 both times at a different shop, any suggestions.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Spike

Default RE: F@#$@n whisker biscuit

a drop away rest? Sorry, never liked the biscuit any. Tear up your fletching and noisey on the draw.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put an extra drop of glue at the front and back of your fletchings. That is what I do and I have no problems with my WB ripping them off.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mallardkiller

frigin thing has ripped my blazers off all but one arrow, and i got them refletched 2 both times at a different shop, any suggestions.
I've been shooting with a Biscuit for 6 years and NEVER had a vane come off an arrow. I shoot 4" vanes that I refletched myself, and have never had a problem. They can make some noise when drawing though, depending on the finish on the arrow.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

its gotta be set up wrong.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem this year with arrows fletched w/ 4" vanes.
I'd like to help you out with your problem.
Drop tine rest, problem solved!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Never had my fletchings get torn off using a fall away either...... Plus its dead quiet. Too each his own however..
Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM

As mentioned previously, you need a drop of fletching cement at the front and rear of each fletch. Any competent shop should know this. Otherwise, you have some sort of tuning or clearance problem. Going to a drop away may solve your problem with the veins coming off, but there is still most likelysomething not right here with your setup.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Spike

i had the same thing happen to me, so i let my shop flech them and they use a epoxy and they aint come off yet, you caint even pull them off
Old 10-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Build your own deer missles man. Then you don't have to depend on some kid at a shop ruining your huntint time. It's easy. Get a decent jig, some blazer wraps, some good glue and go to town. They won't come off.

Shoot odd vane up with that rest, the bottom black bristles are tougher than the brown ones. You dont' want vanes hitting the black bristles.

ORIGINAL: Mallardkiller

Quick Reply: F@#$@n whisker biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.