Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need arrowe help buying carbens for the first time! >

Need arrowe help buying carbens for the first time!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need arrowe help buying carbens for the first time!

Old 10-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Default Need arrowe help buying carbens for the first time!

Ok i shoot a 65 lb bow my arrows are 22 inchs long and i want to buy carbens what size arrows should i buy!

thanks

big al
Old 10-04-2008, 05:19 PM

Default RE: Need arrowe help buying carbens for the first time!

I reeeeeallly like the Trophy Ridge Hailfire and Blast arrows (300 and 400 series arrows, respectively). Either would work for you, although with the length of your arrows, you could probably go even lighter than the 300s. My other favorite choice is Easton A/C/C, although you'll probably have to mortgage your home for a dozen of those. The Carbon Force Radial X Weave have done extremely well for me, as well. I hear a lot of good things about Gold Tip arrows, and you can usually find those a bit less expensively than the others. I'd say stick around a 300 series. I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable can give you some better advice, but those are the ones I've used and really like.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

22 inches? Are you sure about that? Seems really short to me. But, I would definitely suggest Gold Tips for your first arrows. Fairly cheap, can take a pounding, and overall pretty good arrows. Maybe start out with the XT's or lower to save a little money at first. Best of luck!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:08 PM

I've never heard of an adult shooting an arrow that short. You are probably going to need a 600 series arrow to spine properly if you cut it to 22". You could also use a 500 series arrow at 24", or a 400 series arrow at 26". 400's are a lot easier to find. The Easton Excel or Epic are very good arrows for the money.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off, 22 inch arrows? You shouldnt call yourself big Al!

Second, if your in WNY, then go to Bristol outdoors outside Canandaigua. They have a darn good archery guy who will hook ya up.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only reccomendation is to buy the BEST arrows you can. They're straighter,more consistant,usually better quality control,and you'll shoot your best with them-thus eliminating the need to want to upgrade later. At 22" it sounds like you are shooting a crossbow.