Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrows for my daughter >

Arrows for my daughter

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrows for my daughter

Old 10-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Arrows for my daughter

Hey guys.....Last year for christmas I bought my daughter and Diamond "edge" bow. I went with just the bow and the shop gave me some carbon arrows for her to shoot. I didn't pay attention to exactly what size they were (and I should have known it was gonna happen) but last night she skipped all three off the top of the target and WAY out into the feild behind where we shoot.

To make a long post short, what size arrows would be the right fit for her. It's set on 40# draw right now and I think the length is about 25&1/2" but don't quote me on it.

Can anyone give me some suggestion on what I should be leaning toward....besides a bigger backstop!

TIA!

GH

Old 10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrows for my daughter

She going to be hunting or just throwin' them out into the field for the seed drill to find?

I'd go with Easton Epic 500s for targets... 500 FMJs for hunting.

I set my girlfriend Rebecca up with 25 1/2" 500 FMJs with 125gr heads... she has a 26" draw and is shooting 42#s off her Trykon. That bow shoots those things like darts too. Expensive, but that extra weight is worth every penny when it comes to hunting.... if you can't be fast... be heavy.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

beaman ics hunter youth arrows. cheap and reliable. thats what my gf shoots out of her 40# edge and they arent too shabby.
Derek
Old 10-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

No Collie..she's just starting her archery career.....she just "graduated" from a small recurve, she's gonna have to get a lot better to hunt. Thanks guys!

GH