Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Guardian quiver install????? >

Guardian quiver install?????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian quiver install?????

Old 10-02-2008, 07:16 AM

Default Guardian quiver install?????

I finally bought a quiver for my new guardian and I can't figure out how to install it. It looks like it mounts where my sight is mounted, is this right? It's a kwikee 3 arrow quiver that I bought. Do I need a different quiver like the octane or am I just being dumb?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Spike

Default RE: Guardian quiver install?????

Make sure the screws on your quiver are long enough. Take the screws out of your sight and then use the quiver screws to screw in the sight and the quiver through the same hole.

Jeff
Old 10-02-2008, 07:41 AM

That's kind of what I thought, I'm just not too crazy about messing with my sight. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I ended up buying my quiver and keeping it off of my Guardian. I just hang it in the tree with me. I guess you can say that I'm one of those people that believes... if you've shot and sighted in without a quiver... then there is no reason to add the extra weight to the bow for hunting situation. Shooting without a quiver is the better option in my opinion but to each their own.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:00 AM

I was being dumb there is a spot on my vital gear sight itself for the quiver to attach. I too would rather keep the quiver off but I walk through some pretty thick stuff and it's nice to have a free hand. I will be taking my quiver off when I'm sitting in my stand though. Here's a pic of my new bow.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Make sure the screws on your quiver are long enough. Take the screws out of your sight and then use the quiver screws to screw in the sight and the quiver through the same hole.
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Never use the same screws to attach the quiver bracket and sight through the same holes. First attach the sight to your bow with two screwsthen attach the quiver to the sight using the threaded holes of the sight bracket with two different screws.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

are you happy with you new quiver?? I am in the market for a new one, I really like the look of the Octane but I cant stomach the price or the weight of the thing...my General is heavy enough. I have been looking at the same quiver you just bought or the other bowtech quiver.